WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 26 April 2012

Lili's Little Fairies - A Sketch (GDT Week 2)

Morning all, today is my second week as an Extra Fairy over at LILI'S LITTLE FAIRIES CHALLENGE and this week we have a totally fabulous sketch by our Fairy Teamie Jacque for you to play with.

As always, the regular Fairies have provided some totally amazing inspiration, I am sure you will all agree that their standard is incredible.  It is what I am aiming for when I grow up!

Anyway, enough waffle, here is my GDT card - I hope you are prepared for an overload of 80s retro.

Ingredients for this card
Medium  Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers  Dovecraft Funky Retro
Sentiment  Personal Impressions
Extras  Craftword Card Tiger Card Candi

Does this not just scream 80s at you, with the clashing colours, the denim, the animal prints, and the sales rep's striped shirt with a wider than wide tie?!  Takes me right back to my teenage years - thank goodness the clothes fashions have vanished - those shoulder pads were killers!

So, I hope you have a fun time with Jacque's sketch and shall look forward to nosing through all your fabulous entries.

Hugs, Fairy Squirrel xx

23 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh he is so cute, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Chrissy said...

He is fabulous Squirrel..I love the colours..and love the sketch..I was all grown up in the 80's..and I liked my shoulder pads..lol...

Luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

cute and love the rustic colours on this gorgeous card
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

fabulous card love the colours and gorgeous bear, Mary x

rachel said...

fab stamp - great retro feel to this card - love it xx

Dorte said...

Thank you for sharing this little cutie with us. Love the retro feeling!
hugs Dorte

Becky said...

He is so sweet, I don't think I have him-I'll have to look, but if I haven't this card makes me want him
I was only 13 when the 80's ended so I didn't really have much experience of the fashions, lol
Hugs, Becky x

Naomi Johnson said...

So cute, love the papers. Fabulous card hun x

thecraftycavalier said...

I'm in love with this retro bear! Just love that shirt and the tie is perfect! You kill me, woman! I have these papers and I'm seeing them in a whole new light! I'd tell you I am too young to remember the 80's but it would be a vicious lie!!!!! Thank you for your kind words on the abomination I entered this week - I'm off to the Fairy School of incompetence now! Have a super day, hugs, Jayne x

Doreen said...

Love your card,such a gorgeous image and papers.xxx

Joey said...

Fabulous male card Squirrel those papers are gorgeous. Joey x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, I love that bear :o)
Jackie xx

Carol Willis said...

Awww, isn't he a cutie. Love this card, fab colours.
Hugs
Caz x

Kat said...

Great male card Squirrel. Love how you've coloured that cute image.

Kat xx

Debs said...

Oh what a fab fun card Squirrel - perfect retro feel to it :o)
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Debs xx

Jane said...

Hi there Squirrel, I adore Lili of the Valley and this one is a real cutey.
Hugs
Jane

Zippy said...

Gorgeous little bear and I just love your 'retro' style card! It certainly takes me back to when I was a wee lass! xxx

Claire said...

Adorable card hun - love the image and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! this is fabulous, I think 70's, or even 60's, I suppose I could go back further, but my memory aint too good these days LOL

coops said...

so stunning hun.love the fantastic retro papers and gorgeous bear and colouring :D

xx coops xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the papers....

Annie said...

love the teddy bear colours you have carried through in this card - and the perfect creation for Father's Day! hugs, annie x

Pauline C said...

Adorable Squirrel and very funky! I love that bear!
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...