WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Wednesday 18 April 2012

Fancy A Mid Week Quickie?

As the actress said to the bishop!  Bet you didn't expect to see me tonight - I should be having a nervous breakdown in Tesco (other annoying supermarkets are available).  Anyone else shop in Tesco?  Have you had a refit of the freezer cabinets?  Can you still reach the broad beans?  I have to stand around in the aisle now like a little lost soul and nab hold of the first tall person to come near me.  How on earth do they stock these cabinets anyway?  Open the door and throw the stuff in overarm?

Anyway, we've had a change of schedule as the Toad has been out for a meal after work (what he called "old cow and posh prawn but I think is referred to in better class establishments as Surf & Turf) so that left me tonight to craft and tomorrow night for groceries.


This tiny little card contains
Medium  Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers  Papermania scraps and white card Distress Inked
Sentiment  Hero Arts
Extras  Doodlebug Twine

Right then, I'm off downstairs to enjoy an uninterrupted episode of Waterloo Road.  I'll be here bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning for my first week as an Extra Fairy.

Hugs, Sxx

20 comments:

Helen said...

Great card. I shop at Asda, it can be as bad. I'm 5 foot nothing and had to buy tights for my daughter the other day, she's also short. Why do they put the small ones at the top when they're for people under 5'3"?? Enjoy Waterloo Road. I'm going to watch it now too xx

Catherine said...

Love the blue and orange in this.....

Sarah said...

Super cute card Squirrel! I'm a Sava girl and struggle to, especially at the mo as I can't stretch. Hubby isn't much taller than me either but he usually manages for me.
Enjoy your evening of peace!
Sarah xx :0)

Nina Macaulay said...

That is so funny you should mention that about not being able to reach things in shops, cos today I was in a supermarket here in Norway, I went to weigh my potatoes and the weighing maching/ basket thing was so high I could reach up to it! I asked a shop helper if he had a ladder and he laughed, it was hanging that high so that people didn't bump their heads on it?! I had to laugh! hehe
Lovley card you have made sweetie :O))
Have a good week!
Nina x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

rachel said...

fab card - can't say that I've heard surf and turf described like that before - but I like it - might adopt that saying! Hugs Rachel x

Lisa Jane said...

awwww - this is so cute
Lisa x

Uma said...

it means you are a shortie like me! cute image, lovely card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are funny Squirrel :)

Love this little card and image

Wishcraft said...

Fab card hun, I do love blue and orange together :o) As a bit of a short-arse it's always annoyed me how some things in shops can only be reached by very tall people... must be quite irritating for the tall people to be asked all the time too! Hugs, Lisa x

Tanya said...

This is a gorgeous card Squirrel! I love the blue and orange together, it works so well! Your colouring is fantastic. I'm following your blog now and looking forward to seeing more of your amazing work!

Tags xx

Pauline C said...

Adorable card hun ..luckily Graham does our supermarket shop and he is 6' tall so no worries :-)
pauline x

Helen said...

Lol...I buy frozen bit in Waitrose now...I can reach all the veggies in there! lol
But, I have been known to climb up the shelves in Tesco...

Fab quick card...such a sweet bear...and I {heart} balloons!
Helen x

MagsB said...

What a smashing card for a grey day, it's so bright and cheerful!

I'm short, too, I swear one day I'll be reaching for the last pack of frozen peas in Saino's and fall right into the freezer.....

love Mags B x

Joey said...

Hiya Squirrel hun, this is gorgeous! love your colouring on him and great colour combo, havent had to jump for anything in a while, usually end up climbing the shelves but I only risk that when its for me crisps lol. Joey xx

Helen in the UK said...

Glad you got an unexpected craft night as you've produced another BEAUTIFUL card! Being tall (6ft) I don't struggle with supermarkets, but it's not a lot of fun when clothes shopping and all the sleeves and legs are too short :)

coops said...

gorgeous card hun.fabulous design and i love the adorable image ;D
ooooo tesco, honestly ours is that huge we can be in there for hours.lol.

xx coops xx

Zippy said...

You're not the only one who has trouble reaching the top shelves! Trouble is, I usually try to reach and then end up with the whole shelf on top of me, you know what I'm like!

Lovely card and cute image. Love the paper and twine, very effective. xxx

Anonymous said...

tehehheee I can just picture you in Tesco! tehhhehe!! I try not to shop at any of the supermarkets for meat,fish and veg... and the only thing that gets me in the freezer section is Ice cream for Ashley.... However! I ask the same Question about some of the dried goods things so high one of the workers had to go fetch a stool! pmsl!

anyway!! FAB FAB FAB card Loving these new SF stamps your posting! and LOVE how you did the twine too! hugs me xx

America said...

beautiful coloring. adorable card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...