WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 21 April 2012

Inspired By A Film Title

I got quite excited when I saw this week's theme from Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge was Inspired By A Film Title.  Toad and I sat down and had a chat about ideas and we came up with a few, and then a few more, and then far too many and I got totally confused!

The favourites were The Silence of The Lambs, Halloween, The Colour Purple, Babe, and Finding Nemo.  In the end I went for something so obscure that I had to Google it to make sure it existed, lol!


After the Fairy extravaganza on Thursday I am back to CAS again!  Much safer ground for me.

Ingredients for this card are so few - stamp is Sugar Nellie "Daisy" a sentiment from Hero Arts and painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers).  I kept to a very limited palette of Bundled Sage, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Victorian Velvet and a tiny hint of Scattered Straw as I wanted to keep that oh-so-soft wistful look.

Oh, and the film title?  The Little Flower Girl - it's a silent film from 1908.  No idea how I was aware of it - just one of those pieces of trivia that my wonky brain holds on to, but like I said, I had to check!!

Hugs, Sxx

27 comments:

Claire said...

This is gorgeous hun, I love this image and the simple design which you have coloured perfectly. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

Jennifer said...

This is just so sweet and delicate... love it!

Jennifer. x

Aunty Sue said...

Hi and would have love to see your silcence of the lambs tee hee. oh I havent inked this up in ages took me months to get this stamp and she is my fave of the Daisy staamps. Love the card and cant say I know of the film. hugs Sue xxx

Catherine said...

Cute CAS card, so sweet...

amanda stokes said...

Hi,
Gorgeous card,love this image one of my faves :) x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I've never heard of that one, but it does suit the wonderul, gorgeous Daisy, one of my fave ever images, that I come back to time and time again. Loving the Cas look here.

rachel said...

stunning cas card xx

Regena said...

What a sweet image..love it

thecraftycavalier said...

Oooh this is just gorgeous. Your colouring is perfect. Have you ever thought of pyramaging your stamped images? I've heard it's all the rage. lol!!!!!!! Mark my words, everyone will be slicing Tilda in two soon! Big hugs, get well soon, Jayne x

sweetpea said...

She is lovely and beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge Jan :)x

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful colouring great card,she does look deep in thought too :)
Hugzz Val xx

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty hun, simple and very sweet :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Chrissy said...

I dont even want to try and guess what makes peoples brains tick...still trying to figure out my own...but this is just gorgeous Squirrel.beautiful CAS card, love the image and colouring..1908...I wasn't even a twinkle..but my Nana was 8 years old...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rufus said...

Awwwww, I've actually got this image and love to color her up. Just wish it looked as good as yours! Like your CAS, sponging around with the Bundled Sage as well as using it to ground her ties the whole piece together.
R/

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, and it reflects the film title so well :o)
Jackie xx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and love the presentation of your film, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Squirrel and a very nice obscure film theme.
Hugs
Caz x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous and adorable card.
luv
Debby

kay said...

fabulous CAS card,one of my fave stamps,x

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card love and superb colouring. I love the inking round the card. Beautiful. xxx

coops said...

so beautiful hun.i love your soft colouring and i the sweet daisy is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Squirrel,
This looks simply gorgeous. Love your image & card design. Great interpretation of your film title, however obscure! Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge. BTW you're the only other person I've come across with the nickname 'Squirrel'. I very rarely get called it now, but for me it stemmed from the fact as a child my favourite story was the the Tale of Squirrel Nutkin. I've loved squirrels ever since!
Hugs,
Andie xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY cute love the image and sentiment, they were made for one another, as for the film title - even I can't remember the film - (I don't think)

Mrs Wonka said...

What a cute card, really pretty!

Happy crafting!

Mrs Wonka (Zoe) x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Squirrel - love your delicate colouring!
Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Sonia said...

Great card fits the challenge perfectly, wonder if Miss Daisy is a film title ;)
Thanks for joining in with the Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs Sonia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...