WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Tuesday 17 April 2012

Experimental Tree

Evening all - did you manage to get through the day without getting caught in a "little April shower" then?  Not me, a complete deluge of rain, hail and sleet - my shoes have been quite squishy all afternoon so have just put them in the airing cupboard!

Nearly two weeks ago, I saw a card created by my incredibly talented crafty friend Helen and was totally inspired by it and now I have been paid I indulged in purchasing the Marianne Design die that she used.

Now, me being me, and never thinking things through too well when I'm excited, I dashed home tonight, ripped the packet open and got busy with the Bug, tree die and Nesties.  I hope you are not too shocked when you realise that there is absolutely no stamping or painting involved!  This is so far removed from my normal style that it even gave me the colliewobbles


Looking at it now, I should have left off the snowflakes and words and just drawn on some snow dots with a gel pen, but this was an experiment after all, and I think that with a few adjustments, this might just be the production-line card for my Christmas this year!  I quite like the bleakness of a snow covered tree on a dark night.

I'll tinker about with it for a few days until I'm happy and then show you the final version.

Hugs, Sxx

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely Christmas card...

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant card and so production line, I really must think more in advance especially about Xmas!!!!!!!
Well done you!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is fabulous I love it, hugs Pops x

Uma said...

looks great hun even without the stampin LOL

Rufus said...

I think you could have warned me to be sitting down! No stamping, no distress inks...oh my. Just teasing, dear Squirrel, it's lovely. Will be looking for the final version!
R/

Jane said...

Chrismas cards already!! Yee gads!
Have to say it is cute though.
Hugs
Jane

thecraftycavalier said...

This is such a good idea for production line Christmas crafting. I love it and die is divine. Hmmm, another idea to 'borrow'. I'm t*tting about on the computer because I can't face making a start on the mag commission. Me NO likey! Hugs, Jayne x

coops said...

gorgeous card hun.love the fab tree and night sky,bet this woiuld look good in a white on white design too with a little sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tinkering! I love the Doodling snowflakes I LOVE my White gel pen! I would be lost without it xx
have a great day! xx

Pauline C said...

Really like this Squirrel - less is really more with this one. When i saw Helen doing the snow edge thingy with this die I also told her i would have to use that idea and I definitely think I will - love your take of the dark night (and I actually really like the li'l snowflakes and think they add something esp in the night sky! :-)
Hugs
Pauline x
PS i didn't get soaked Tuesday bot tonight (Wednesday) - OMG I got absolutely drenched through in the 10 seconds it took me to put down my umbrella and get in the car when i had walked from the station to my car .. I had to wring myself out when I got in!!

Helen said...

Awww...you say the sweetest things Squirrel! :0)
Love the idea of the night sky...and your snowflakes!
Helen x

Zippy said...

For an experiment, this is a wonderful card. Love the tree and the snowflakes. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...