WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 1 April 2012

Fat And Cuddly

Afternoon all - how's your day?  Do you have sunshine?  We do, but it is quite cool today, but lovely and bright.  Don't want to worry you but I did hear the weather man mention the S word as part of the forecast for the coming week.  Eeeek.

Anyhoo, I've been getting inky this afternoon and popped on to show this happy card I made - it wasn't intended for any challenges as I made it for the fun of it, but it does fit nicely for the Moving Along With The Times theme of Cute and Cuddly.

Yes, he's cute, yes, he's cuddly, but I also think he's just a teensy bit fat!!


Ingredients for this card:
Stamped Image  Lili of the Valley - Patchwork Daisy
Medium  Tim Holtz Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers  Basic Grey Manilla (all distressed with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink)
Sentiment  Personal Impressions
Dies & Punches  EK Success daisy punch, Marianne Creatibles leaves
Extras  Card Candi

You may have noticed a small change my blog header, I've been trying to think of a name to "brand" my cards for sale and, because I paint with ink so much, Squirrel's Ink seemed to make sense, and it contracted to Squink quite nicely! 

Right then, time for me to get prepping some vegetables for dinner so I'll see's ya later.

Hugs Sxx.

30 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, he is so cute....

cebelica said...

Teddy bears are supposed to bit a little bit chubby so when you hug them it feels soft and warm. :P He's one very, very cute little fella. :D Hugs! xx

Christy Beans said...

Boney bears are not my idea of cute and cuddy. Squ'ink. hee I can see the logo now... a cute squirrel dipping a brush into a little paint pot or ink bottle. =) Love the warm brownish pinks today. Perfect to stave off Jack Frost and hopefully send him, ever so reluctantly, back to the Winter Palace til next December.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous I love the image, Mary x

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful card and so very cute bear :)
Hugzz Val xx

rachel said...

he is very cute and cuddly - fab card xx

Uma said...

lovely daisy, fab card. he looks fine to me Squirrel, can't see the podge myself

Chrissy said...

Awww..nothing nicer than a cute, cuddly, fat, bear Squirrel, he is gorgeous. Fab colouring..love the daisy and papers...gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rufus said...

What a happy card! He looks just right to me, who ever heard of a skinny teddy?
R/

Princess Judy Palmer said...

He's not fat! He's fluffy! So... um... S-word, squirrels are going to fall from the sky!!!??? Wow, and here I thought plagues of locusts were bad... Cute card. Love the contrast of the printed backgrounds-which make me think architectual-and the pinks and flowers.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fat, how very dare you, lol! He's just a baby and oh so cute and this card is gorgeous. Love the colours and those papers are fab. Saw you won at PB, well done.

Mandy said...

Stunning card,I love everything,the image,colours,design just everything...Fabulous work...
Mandy x

debby4000 said...

This is gorgeous, love it.
luv
Debby

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a sweet card and beautifully coloured

Anne

Jackie said...

He is delightful, a gorgeous card :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning hun.just love the image, he is so adorable and really beautiful colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Very cute & really cuddly, love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Squirrel said...

Oh.... such a pretty colour combo! I love your leaves - I may have to invest in that one once all my kit arrives. :-)

Thank you for leaping the branches over to my blog. I'm just about to update it with some pics of our garden. Not so crafty, since my paws have been full with the emulsion paint variety of craft lately, but still very squirrelly indeed.

I'm glad you're back on your paws again after the lurgy. Happy spring!
Squirrel-back-home XXX

Mina said...

no sunshine here S just drizzly rain...wow your colouring of this bear is stunning girl...beautiful card
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card AWESOME colouring! but you don't want to know what my day has been like! but one word .............. SORE! :(

seeing you card has cheered me up!
hugs me xx

Mary J said...

What can I say? ADORABLE!! Nuff said

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Such an adorable, sweet card. The image is so cute and your card is lovely.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel :-) the image is adorable,, very cuddly :-) lovely colours too,,, so pretty :-)

fab header too :-) good luck with selling your cards :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pop's Cards said...

morning sweetie, WOW this is stunning, loving the colours too huggles Pops x x x

Kim. said...

Aw how sweet is this card, love it. Those papers are simply gorgeous too. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
Kim xXx

Delphine said...

Hey Squink:-)! That's brilliant, I love your new name, it sounds so nice!!! And your card is gorgeous, and I am in love with the way you colour your images! He is too too cute, and I love the flower outside the box! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww! Well he might be a little bit podgy - don't go telling him though, you might hurt his feelings! He's very cute and I love how you've coloured him, just perfect hun :o) Lisa x

Zippy said...

He's not fat, he's cuddly just like little bears should be! Great card love, as always beautiful colouring and fab papers. Like the lay-out too. xxx

Debbie said...

Ahh what an adorable image...love this card.
Debbie x

Pauline C said...

Awww Squirrel he's gorgeous! Didn't buy this image as he didn't appeal quite as much as the others but ow i've seen your coloured version i think I need this stamp lol!
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...