WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 8 April 2012

Chocolicious

This is my second post today, for the first either scroll down or click here.

When Lili of the Valley did their most recent release, there were some stamps that featured neither cute animals or boys and girls.  Something of a departure for Lili I think and initially I wasn't a hundred percent sure what to make of the new designs but ..... I have to admit that they are growing on me.  I bought two on release, this one called Chocolate Box and the other being Kitchen Herbs (still to be inked up).

There are still people out there who are afraid to admit to their inner child and they loudly deny that they don't like the cute images (how is that possible?) so I think this one will be perfect for them and also the chocolate lovers among us!


I've painted the image with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (ReInkers), the background paper is Papermania Blueberry Capsule Collection, the swirly die is Memory Box, and used a simple hole punch for the dots.  Brown card is a sheet of First Editions but not sure which pad it's from.  Sentiment is Personal Impressions.

And on the subject of chocolates, that brings me rather neatly to a Candy Reminder - if you would like to win a £20 gift voucher to spend at either Bunny Zoe's Crafts, Lili Of The Valley or The Glitter Pot then you still have until midnight on 20th April to add your comment.  The winner will be randomly drawn shortly after that date.  And my candy post is only a hop skip and a click away .... here!

And I'll be back in the morning with something that I've been very excited about but not able to share with you until then!

Hugs, Sxx

14 comments:

Zippy said...

Wonderful card hun, I just adore the colours and paper and those chocs look good enough to eat! Gimme! xxx

cebelica said...

When I first saw LOTV's new images I wasn't sure what to make of them either. I sort of liked them, but I was so used to LOTV having cute boys/girls/animals as their images that these really came as a big surprise to me. But the more I look at them, the more I like them. This one is great - perfect for a chocoholic like myself. lol Great card! Hugs! xx

tilly said...

so nice for the non-cutie clan....sometimes older folks prefer something just like this lol
Tilly

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the way you have coloured the image. I have a few of these and have yet to use them....

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous choice of papers and love the colouring with your re inkers beautiful scroll work too
hugs Kate xx

Claire said...

Lovely card and very apt for today - all those chocolates! Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colouring Squirrel, love the swirls and papers and the image,funny how some do not like cute'n'cuddly...Happy Easter...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christy Beans said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the potted herbs... I think that's my fave of the not-a-person/not-an-animal stamps in this release. I know they've done a few odd ones like the Christmas baubles that I picked up; I think branching out can be good. Especially for the stiff outer-adults in the crowd. LOL

And keeping squecrets? I can hardly wait until tomorrow to find out what you've been squirrelling away from us. o.O

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the image and fab papers.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, I like this image your have coloured it perfectly those chocolates look real :o)
Kevin xx

Rufus said...

You know you're a terrible tease don't you? Your chocolates look good enough to eat. Great choice for a background paper. I think there is a difference between cute and cutesy...
R/

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, I love the background.
I do love the cute images but I don't like to use them myself :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning squirrel.gorgeous image and perfect for those that don`t like cutsie.love your colours too and can`t wait to hear you news ;D

xx coops xx

America said...

GORGEOUS COLORS and papers and image. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...