WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 5 April 2012

Give In Gracefully? Nah!

There comes a time in the life of a woman of certain years when she really ought to know when to give in gracefully, to know when she is beaten and admit defeat, rather than carrying on blithely and making a complete arse of herself.  Unfortunately I haven't reached that stage yet.

This week, of all the darned weeks, Lili's Little Fairies are offering a four week GDT - but the theme of the challenge is Ribbons n Bows.  Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!  Oh well, time to make myself look a complete fool yet again.


Ingredients for this card are
Stamped Image  Lili of The Valley Ride With Me
Medium  Tim Holtz Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers  A mix of black n white from DCWV and Dovecraft
Red matting layers are white card edged with Poppy ProMarker
Ribbon  Fantastic Ribbons - dotty black organza
Extras  Flower punch, spacer and crystal brad from stash

I'm off to hide now until the shame wears off.

Ooh, meant to mention, yes, the Dear Customer Services letter was mailed yesterday.  Let's see if I get any kind of responses, lol!

Hugs, Sxx

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love those black and white papers....

Lisa Jane said...

Looks fabulous to me.. and one of my favourite colour combo's
Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

a fool with this definitely NOT!!!! looks great love the black white and red and super ribbon and bow just gorgeous good luck
Hugs Kate xx

thecraftycavalier said...

What is with you today Miss Squirrel? Just what is wrong with this perfectly lovely card? I happen to really love this one - the colours are retro chic downright fabulous. And that bow has been nowhere near sausagey fingers!!!!! This is really great and I don't know why you haven't put GDT after your name! Honestly woman, this is great and I love the gem in the middle of the bow. I may borrow that idea! lol! I never give in gracefully - Fairies fight on!! Super big hugs you crazy lady; where would this challenge be without you? Jayne xxx

chrilvian said...

ooo great image
and great paper

thecraftycavalier said...

Hmm, now this is meant with affection - but you are such a whack job - you make me look nearly sane!!!! I will post on the Fairy Forum that you want to be considered for the GDT! Gosh, your jelly baby saga had me crying with laughter. You know I'm not getting paid for all this care in the community mularky - do you think I could get some sort of tax break if I mention it to Inland Revenue? Jayne x

Happy Crafter said...

Great card love the image and colouring of it ribbon and bow are fab :)
Hugzz Valxx

rachel said...

I love this image - I was very sad at the weekend when it was out of stock - boo hoo! You've made a fab card with it too - love the colours - although I notice no orange there!!!LOL xx

Aunty Sue said...

Oh I love this and I have reached it but there is a saying your as old as you feel well that makes me body wise about 100 but brain 21. Lol.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Squirrel, I like the design,the colours, the fab image and the bling.
Kevin xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What's wrong with ribbon and bows? This is girgeius. Love this cute couple, very retro.

Debbie said...

I love this card Squirrel...great image and lovely colour combo.
Debbie x

Julie said...

I'm sat with a huge grin as I'd missed your last post till now. LOLOL! I empathise with your distress, not loving the orange either! Beautiful card tonight though you lost me a bit with the ribbons and bows was concerned???? love the image too! Keep taking the tablets lol! Julie.x

Rufus said...

And why, pray tell, would you even consider "give in gracefully"??? This is a fantastic card! You've certainly not made yourself look a complete fool! I'd have you on the DT in a minute.
Hugs,
R/

Chrissy said...

Never go gracefully, it must be kicking and screaming..otherwise no fun..gorgeous card, love the red/black and fabulous image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, I just love this creation, Happy Easter, huggles Pops x x x

Dorte said...

LOvely card, Squirrel, but wat's wrong with it??? I love it, send it to me ;)
Wishing you a Happpy Easter.
hugs Dorte

Anonymous said...

Looks great to be Bird! BLINKING BRILLIANT BOW! love the whole card xxx hugs me x

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel..love your striking colours and blinged up bow and the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

Zippy said...

I LOVE this card, the colours, bow, papers, everything! And don't you ever give in gracefully hun, there's no fun in that! And don't ever admit defeat! Love ya xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...