WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 12 January 2014

Sick Rabbit

Afternoon all - it's another gloriously sunny day here in the east of England, but by heck it's chuffty cold.  I managed a little Torvill & Dean display in the Church car park this morning, and I don't think it would have scored a 10 for artistic interpretation either!

Yesterday afternoon I sat down to make a get well card for the order that Toad brought home from work from one of his colleagues.  All I knew was that it was for his mum.  Nothing else, no preferences, nothing.  Somehow that was harder than detailed demands!


This poor little rabbit is my go to stamp for get well cards
LOTV Get Well Bunny
Painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers) (second attempt, I ruined the first with too much water and not enough patience)
Papers are from Lucy Cromwell (I'm on my third pad of these)
Whimsy corner die
Woodware daisy border punch
Sentiment from Hobby Arts

Hope you are enjoying what's left of your weekend

Hugs, Squirrel xx


20 comments:

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

Oh what a cute image! I love the card...
Over here in Germany it's getting colder again, maybe we will get some snow after all. Are you keeping OK?
Hugs,
Mickymunchkin

Jane said...

Ouch - hope you've not hurt yourself!

Great card, I am sure the lady concerned will love it!

Hugs
Jane xx

Helen in the UK said...

Love how you've done the colouring on the rabbit's face. I'm sure any mum would love this card :)

Claire said...

This is just so cute, love the image and fab layout and design. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x

Sarah said...

What a darling card Squirrel. I'm sure it will hit the spot!! xx

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous card Squirrel, love the shading on his face :o)
Jackie xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She'll love it, who couldn't?

Sue said...

So gorgeous Squirrel, I am sure anyone would love to receive such a beautiful card. I love those papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I just love how you've coloured that bunny. And the pretty pink would make anyone feel better. Iron still missing. I'd say lost in action, but that's not strictly true! X

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awwww... sick bunny. So sad. I think anyone's mum would be happy to receive this card and possibly even get better on the spot just because of how lovely it is. So many people are ill now.... it's quite the bugger of a cold. Still coughing like a 3-pack a day smoker myself.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is cute and pretty and just right for a poorly Mum.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Kat W said...

I'm sure this card will go down a treat with a poorly lady - who wouldn't love this pretty pink design with such a cute image? Ok, not counting the weirdos who don't like pink... :-P
It's cold here too in Gloucestershire but on the plus side it is now getting light when I drive to work in the mornings - yay!

Big hugs, Kat xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.i love your soft lilac and pink colours and adorable snuggly bunny ;D

xx coops xx

Annette said...

That's my favourite pad too, I think I have a spare yet though, and also a 12" one for emergencies although I prefer the 6" ones! LOL
Fab image too, love that bunny.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, love the gorgeous design and adorable image. Wonderful colouring as always hun.

Donna x

Elise said...

Awwww Squirrel .. you did a LOVELY job! And this is a BEAUTIFUL card! I know this will brighten up her day and make her feel better!

Sending Warm Hugs,
Elise

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. I love the image and the soft colours you have used.
Sarah-Jane x

Jennifer said...

So, so cute Squirrel. It's sure to cheer the lady up instantly.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself when doing your T & D impression??

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Pauline C said...

This is beyond cute Squirrel and such gorgeous colouring ... funny I've never taken any notice of this particular LotV image before but I think I need it now!!
Pauline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...