WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 19 January 2014

My Favourite Style.......Predictable!

Afternoon all.  Well, today hasn't quite gone to plan - as it was beautifully bright and sunny (after last night's torrential rain), I had decided to have a crafty day but ...... yesterday we popped up to one of our local retail parks and scooted into B&Q for a nose.  I was looking for some plastic drawer storage, you know, the towers on wheels.  And I found one, made by Really Useful Boxes so I knew it would be good and strong, 8 drawers and rainbow colours.  I fell in love and we brought it home.

Toad had left it standing in the hallway and we were both tripping over it so I set to for a massive tidy up in my craft room and get the stuff into the drawers.  Well, that took far longer than I anticipated as I kept finding stuff that I had forgotten about (please, do NOT let me buy any more DPs for a while) and so I only managed half of the task before my back screamed in protest.

Determined that I was still going to have a play, I turned my back on the chaos and make a card using one of the new LOTV James Bear stamps.  Regular readers will know how much I love this little chap, and now he is available in spring-summer stamps I will be able to really use him all year round!

Over at Sweet Stamping Challenge the theme for this week is Your Favourite Style.  I guess the header of my blog is a big giveaway there, clean and simple designs in a chaotic and cluttered life.  So here it is.


I have used the LOTV stamp James Umbrella
I have painted him with Distress Inks (ReInkers) but paper pieced the upper part of his umbrella with paper from the Nitwit Petal Fresh pad
The gingham paper is from the same pad
The chocolate brown matting layer is from an Authentique pad
That oh so cute little postcard is from Little Claire - Postcard Sentiments
And I used the Alphabet Soup die from Memory Box to finish


Hugs to all, Squirrel xx


35 comments:

Joey said...

LOL I bet those boxes look gorgeous! This is a fab card hun, love the colours. Joey xx

Sarah said...

Great card Squirrel and very weather appropriate...although it looks as though we may be in for a (dare I say it!?) dry spell!! xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel - I am loving the adorable James and his paper pieced umbrella :o)
Debs xx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous Squirrel, love the paperpieced brolly too :D

I'm trying to sort out my craft room too, Anthony's parents got me an amazing leather office chair for Christmas as the piece of junk I was sitting on before was killing my back, but that means I've outgrown my little desk as well, so I need to invest in a new one..and a load of plastic storage too, I'm really storagely-challenged right now :P And I've spent all my week's money on shiny new clothes, so it'll just have to wait and hope that Anthony is feeling particulary generous come valentine's day hahaha!

Wow that was a long comment, sorry :P
Tags xx

Vicky said...

Ok I'm trying soooooooo darn hard not to buy these new stamps til I have inked up at least half of mine & then you go & show this gorgeous card!! Squirrel hunni you are a bugga & now I want these stamps. Wonder how pursuade hubster lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Claire said...

Fabulous card hun, I love James and you have coloured him perfectly too. Hugs, Claire x

rachel said...

this is a fabulous card Squirrel - this is my fave stamp of the new release and your card is gorgeous xx

Aunty Sue said...

So So very Cute Love The Sample And Layout

Chrissy said...

Oh! He is just beautiful and love the paper pieced umbrella and neat postcard stamp..gorgeous card Squirrel.

Luv CHRISSYxx

JayBe said...

Just way too cute, hun - I love James too! Great colouring and love the paper-pieced umbrella.
Hugz, Jan xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Great post... Hope you finished your sorting and your back is ok. Fab card too, love the little postcard sentiment x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, I too love James.

Deborah A

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card. I love James Bear too! Sharon x

Jane said...

Feels good when you get things tidy doesn't it!
Another adorable card my friend.
Jane xx

Annette said...

I love James. Fab card honey, I've been playing with my new James images this weekend (well one of them anyway). Love his paper pieced umbrella. I'd also love to see your RUB drawers. I bought a drawer set a couple of months ago to store all my papers (organised by colour!) and love it. My Big Shot sits on top of it too. It's a great way to organise, and gives me more space than the expanding file I used before which was bulging so much I couldn't close it. :0)
Have fun organising, but don't forget to play too!
You can't go neglecting poor James now, can you!
Hugs
Annette
xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous hun! Such fabulous colouring... I've been colouring one of the new James stamps today too, and I've got a couple more stamped out (unlike the Christmas ones that still haven't seen ink yet!). Hope your back has recovered now :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue said...

Awwwww adorable James coloured so beautifully and I love his pretty umbrella.
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

James looks gorgeous and I love his paper pieced umbrella.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image.xxx

Rufus said...

Aw, James is just so darn cute! Hope that you're back has forgiven you. You're new drawers sound fantastic.
R/

Ardilla said...

Aw... so very cute!!! What a beautiful card...
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Jackie said...

This is absolutely delightful, I love the little postcard :o)
Jackie xx

crafty said...

Just beautiful

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
Good luck with the second half of sorting.
luv
Debby

Mary J said...

Just love this Squirrel! The paper piecing really brings it altogether!

Carol said...

Love the card Squirrel so much so that I had to go shopping for the postcards. Dangerous and expensive occupation this blog hopping.
Hugs
Carol x

coops said...

aw so gorgeous squirrel.james is adorable and I love his fabulous paper pieced umbrella :D

xx coops xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can see why you love this little chap, he is the cutest.

Hope your back is better and you can get back to sorting, I'm doing the same thing at the mo, with pain like you LOL.
Have a great week.
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is adorable sweetie, love this chappie and your design with him is awesome.

Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Kat W said...

I love James bear too and got several of the new release images including this one but haven't had time to colour him up yet. I love how you coloured him and the paper pieced umbrella is a gorgeous touch :-)

Much as I adore making cards I also do enjoy having a good sort through my stash and a re-organisation - I'm strange, it's official! So, I hope your rainbow coloured drawers are now all full of beautifully organised stash!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

He's quite the sweetheart with his paper pieced umbrella. So, no more DP for you!!!! ! Do you hear me, missy???! *wags finger*

Yeah, is that working?

Pauline C said...

Another beautiful card Squirrel hun ... lve the colouring, the cute li'l postcard and the alphabet soup!
Pauline x

Kim said...

this is just the sweetest! I love it. Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Sandra said...

Aww.I love him.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
xxx

Erica said...

He's so gorgeous, Squirrel, he's my favourite character too! I love his paper pieced umbrella!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...