WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 18 January 2014

Have a fairy happy day

Morning all.  How are we?  I've been for a tail tidy already and am now back home slurping a latte.  Wonder if there is any shortbread left from Christmas ...... anyhoo, I have a birthday card to share with you today.  It was the gorgeous Lisa's birthday earlier this week and I made this for her.

Now then, for those of you who have already seen Delphine's version of this image this week, I beg of you, please don't laugh at my effort.  We all know that this delightful French package of artistic talent is one of the Queens of Colour, so please don't view the two side by side!


This little lass is from the Tiddly Inks set Thanks Fairy Much
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
(I am secretly very pleased with how her skirt looks)
Papers are more of the Lucy Cromwell Design Stack (love these if you hadn't guessed)
The sentiment is from the same Tiddly set
Butterfly dies are Cheery Lynn
And the gorgeous gems are Papermania


Thanks for popping over today, I haven't had much blogging time over the last ten days so am sorely behind with visiting but I will make a best effort to have a catch up later.

Something very exciting happened this week, which I can't share with you just yet, so just keep watching.  You won't be able to miss the announcement when I do make it!

Have a happy Saturday all
Hugs, Squirrel xx


23 comments:

Tanya said...

Gorgeous Squirrel!

I love it :D The colours are fab and you've done a splendid job on the colouring!

Tags xx

JayBe said...

What a pretty card, Squirrel - I'm loving the background papers and your image is coloured beautifully.

Thanx for joining us at Fantasy Stampers and I have no problem with you being our first entry - great to have you back, hun.

Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Delphine said...

Laugh??? The result of your "effort" is fantastic, my lovely Squirrel <3 - I love, love your fairy! Beautifully coloured and the choice of colours is perfect, DI Queen!!! Mwah!!! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Sarah said...

That is a fabulous card Squirrel and you should be REALLY pleased with the skirt, it's fabulous!! You are extremely brave though...I would do a mile long detour to avoid anything with that much hair!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a pretty card, love her skirt AND her hair.

Have a great weekend.

Annette said...

Aww hun she's lovely. I haven't got this image, but she's gorgeous. And I LOVE your colouring. You inspire me to use my DI reinkers more often, and yes, I really must use them again soon and not be lazy. I think it's January that gets me down and I take the easy copic route too often!
Hope your Saturday is good, and not too damp. It's raining rivers here today. :0(
Hugs
Annette
xx

Claire said...

What a great image - makes a lovely card. Hugs, Claire x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Squirrel, she's really pretty and the colours you've used are lovely. And so is your colouring.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kat xx

Wishcraft said...

It's a gorgeous card hun, and I absolutely love it... looks fab on my shelf too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel. I love the pretty papers and the image, she's adorable.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel, such a pretty image and your colouring is as wonderful as always. I love the papers and pretty butterflies too.
Looking forward to hearing your exciting news!
hugs Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is another super pretty card with fab colour palette! Love x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, I like the sweet image and the butterflies.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card and there is nothing wrong with your colouring! :o)
Jackie xx

Helen in the UK said...

Another great card. I noticed the pretty shading in her skirt and wings right away :)

Stamps and Paper said...

She's just the cutest little fairy...fabulous card Squirrel

Anne

KraftyKoolKat said...

A gorgeous creation sweetie. You are a tease, can't wait for you announcement.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Dorte said...

Squirrel, I do know Delphine is The Boss, but your colouring of this sweet little fairy is also fab, I might have to copy your design.....
Hugs Dorte

coops said...

so stunning squirrel.your colours are beautiful and I love the sweet fairy image :D
oooo you tease, I need to know the exciting news NOW :D

xx coops xx

Kat W said...

There are some super talented colourists out there who make me feel that my colouring looks like it has been done by a 3 year old! I tell myself that it's a good thing as it pushes me to try harder :-)
Anyway, your colouring is lovely especially given that hair this long is always really tricky, and the CAS design is stunning as always :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Cazro said...

A super card, loving your background papers. I agree the skirt and hair are coloured beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers Caz

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful image and layout so sweet. thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers, Good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Love Alison xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...