WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 19 July 2014

Things are getting desperate

Morning all.  Well, I say morning but my poor, tired, body says that it ought to be bedtime.  What a storm we had at 4.00 this morning.  Temperatures yesterday clipped 32C and a storm was inevitable as it was so sticky and humid.  I woke up to the sound of rain on the conservatory roof and then the light show began.  I have never seen so much lightning in such a short time.  The thunder was pretty loud too!  I came down to check that Vince was ok, and he was, happily snoring in my armchair.  Not sure what time I crawled back into bed but sleep was elusive.  I feel like the proverbial limp lettuce today - and we are supposed to be out for a meal with friends this evening!

Surprisingly for a holiday week, I have done very little crafting so things were getting desperate for something to share with you.  I had a trawl through my folders and found this little card that I made a couple of weeks ago.


This is another of those A Random Fan stamps - it's Birthday Girl
Coloured with a mix of Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Polychromos pencils
Not sure what went wrong with her hair but I'm not overly happy with it
Papers are all LOTV/Nitwits
Sentiment is from one of my many clear sets
Gold diamond borders from stash

And that's it.  I really need to get on with something if I want to be able to share with you tomorrow.

Hope your day isn't too sticky.

Hugs Squirrel xx


17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous CAS design. Just love the fussy cutting around the girl.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sarah said...

What a night we had too Squirrel the storms started at 11 last night and I think I finally snatched an hour at about 5 this morning, my word it was scary!! Love your card and the hair's just fine...I'd be thrilled to do hair like that!! xx

Debs said...

Adorable card Squirrel - her hair looks fabulous to me.
Thunderstorms were horrendous here too last night and the night before but the air is still heavy today - although it has been pouring it down all morning!!!
Hope you 'perk' up before this evening.
Take care
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Squirrel, I like the image and the colours.
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Such an adorable card, cute image and lovely colour combo's. Poor little squirrel, I hope the limp lettuce has crisped up a little. Don't you just hate that humidity, we get around 95% here in summer but then of course it's our winter at the moment, nice and cool....xx...hope you are enjoying your weekend...
The Journey is the Start

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a little cutie, great card.

I love this summer weather, makes me feel like staying indoors to cool down, then craft :)

Doreen said...

Love the papers and fab image.xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. I love the image and pretty colours.
We have had 2 nights of thunderstorms here too. My cat is terrified of thunder so I had to sit with him to calm him down! Hopefully tonight will be better.
I hope you have a good evening.
Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is very cute sweetie, Sorry you are lacking in sleep but I hope you enjoy your meal out with friends tonight.

Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Annette said...

She's lovely honey, her hair is perfect, and those papers are gorgeous.

Chrissy said...

I dont do thunder and lightening and there is never any room left in the closet once Harry gets in there..he doesn't like it either.Very cute little image and fabulous colouring..love the gold trims too...keep cool.

luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely day today after those early morning storms. Such a cute image and love the bright colours x

Mary J said...

So simple yet so gorgeous - love this sweet card, Squirrel!

aussie aNNie said...

Haha you make me laugh and as it is my morning it was funny...really lol, limp....mmmmmm...hope it improves...xxx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start


Jackie said...

Fabulous card, don't know what you think is wrong with the hair colouring, looks good to me :o)
Jackie xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I don't know if it is the way you have her colored or what but she looks like a brunette Alice in Wonderland. Great card though.

And Vince, sleeping through the storm, that's so catlike. If you had been awake you would have had to comfort him but since you weren't he just decided to heck with it and slept the storm through.

Kat W said...

A lovely bright card and your colouring is fab - great hair texture :-)

It seems such a long time since those storms now and it's back to the lovely sun :-D

Big hugs, Kat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...