WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 26 July 2014

Scorchio!

Oh deep, deep, joy - 29C again today.  Yeah, I know it's summertime, I am a summer baby, but that makes no difference to me, I really struggle in heat.  So imagine my delight when the radio weather lady announced happily this morning that tomorrow was going to be "a lot cooler" - top temperature 25C.  That's not a LOT cooler lady, that is only a TINY bit cooler!!  She needs to come back to me when it is nearer to 20C (preferably on the down side of it) and then we can talk.  See, told you heat makes me grumpy!

But you didn't visit to hear me whittering about the temperature so here is a card for you.


This is Suzy With Bunny from Whimsy/Wee Stamps
Entirely coloured with Polychromos pencils this time
Papers are Crafters Companion Angelica & Adam (female)
Sentiment is Personal Impressions
and the border die (which I am totally in love with) is Celtic Chain from Cheery Lynn

I've got some DT stuff I absolutely have to get done this weekend so I am not looking forward to sitting out in the conservatory.  The next time you see me I might be a soggy patch on the floor.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are up to
Hugs, Squirrel xx


16 comments:

tilly said...

this is very cute, love her and your new die
Tilly

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and papers.xxx

Sarah said...

What a sweetie Squirrel, gorgeous colours and yep that border is rather nice!! My crafty haven is a bit too hot too, so may have to decamp elsewhere!! Have a good one xx

aussie aNNie said...

A real stunner of a card, lovely colours too, favourite of mine as well....gorgeous added beauties and love the die.xx.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Jacki Daniels said...

Another stunning creation, beautifull coloured as always.
Sorry you are struggling with the heat me on the other hand, I am loving every minute of it
Jacki x
http://cookingupacard.blogspot.co.uk/

Debbie said...

Hi Squirrel
I agree. The weather bloke said it would be cooler (and as i was off to the Gym, was delighted) But OH NO it is no cooler at all I think. Good job the Gym is fully air-conditioned!!
Super card with a lovely "Wee" image, and that Celtic chain die is super, just gorgeous. Have a nice weekend, cooler I hope DebbieX

Annette said...

Oooh I really like this one, it's my fave colours too; pink and blue, and I love the sweet Wee image.

You're right about that border die, it's really lovely and is a super effect.

I get a bit grumpy in the heat today too. The air is so warm it's like breathing in an oven. It zaps all my energy and makes me stroppy. I have no idea what I'd be like living in a hotter country. I just don't think us Brits are designed for the heat when we do rarely get it.

Hugs
Annette
xx

Kat said...

What a cutie and I can see why you love that die.

It's been lovely here in Aberdeenshire too but we can't match 29C. Inland can get pretty warm but we're probably too near the sea to get really hot.

Kat xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Squirrel. Such a pretty image coloured perfectly and I love the papers too.
Fingers crossed the weather cools down soon.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

beautiful card Squirrel, I like the sweet image and the border.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

I am with you all the way on the temperature Squirrel, below 20C is what I am longing for!
Another absolutely delightful card, and I love that Celtic chain border, I wonder if I need it LOL.
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.beautiful image and colours and i love the celtic die.
i am with you on the heat, it makes me grumpy and sleepy.

xx coops xx

Mary J said...

So beautiful, Squirrel! I love the paper swith her!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card is another perfect cutie, even though you're a grump!

I had to laugh at your heading "Scorchio" we always say that if a word can't be translated into Welsh it end up with a "io" at the end example "parcio" so to see scorchio I did have a chuckle. I am Welsh by the way so not racist!!!!!!!!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty, I adore the colours and the gorgeous backing papers and of course the cute image.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxx

Kat W said...

You did an awesome job on the colouring here - really pretty and great shading :-)
The CAS design is perfectly balanced and that border die is really fab!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...