WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 5 July 2014

As You Like It

Morning all, how are we today?  The two days of summer have gone now, to be replaced by a light rain and cooler temperatures.  Our garden is so grateful for the water, especially the shredded wheat that used to be a lawn!

I am pleased to report that Toad's tomatoes and spuds are coming on a storm.  I know tomatoes are supposed to be one of those wonder foods, which is fine by me as I love a beautifully ripe garden grown tommy, but if we get as many fruit as there are flowers then the only wonder involved will be me wondering what to do with them all!  Just keep your fingers and toes crossed that the dreaded blight doesn't strike.

Have been for a tail trim and re-touch this morning, so I am feeling a little light headed, but much more comfortable.  I was starting to resemble tumbleweed.

Right then, enough waffle, time to get on with it.  As You Like It Challenge this time is Do You Prefer Images Of Animals Or People and they are asking you to say why.

It has to be animals for me.  I am a sucker for cute and furry, but I do find them more fun to paint, and more versatile for so many occasions.  You could use one carefully chosen animal all year round really.  But being an animal lover anyway, I find painting the images fills me with a similar warm and fuzzy feeling to that which I get when I have a cuddle with my boy, Vince.  I suffer from too much empathy when it comes to animals and I do tend be to anthropomorphic with them.  Take Vince for example, he's had his breakfast, an enforced cuddle, and now he is curled up in my armchair for a nap - I can imagine him thinking "oooh, that's lovely,  I am warm and comfortable, wake me in time for supper", when in fact the only thing he is probably thinking is "burp".

Here's my card:


I have used LOTV Bath Time
Watercolour Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Sentiment is from Paper Smooches
And some more of those gorgeous Black Market Society "Let It Bloom" papers
And of course, it's one of my CAS layouts

And I would like to enter this at A Gem Of A Challenge - Any Animal

Lots to cram in to this weekend - British Grand Prix, Tour de France, Oldies visit,  the usual chores, and an extra-large emergency retirement card that is needed to be delivered on Monday (short notice order) so I am dashing off to be busy.  Laters!

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx


19 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card Squirrel and such a sweet little bear.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel love the image have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Annette said...

He's so cute, and I love the duck. I can't remember if I have this one or not now. :0( I may have to check!

I'm glad your veggies are coming up well. We've had some teddies too, but I didn't do any toms this year as they got blight last year (well, when I say none this year, I'm not counting the single plant that has decided to grow in my flower tub by the front door - geraniums, petunias and a tomato plant - but Paul won't let me pull it out as it's the only one we have this year and it's got a flower on it! I suspect it has grown from a seed out of the compost I used as we make our own compost and often get potatoes and tomatoes growing in the compost heap) Enjoy your fun packed weekend. xx

Annette said...

I got carried away with my usual waffle and forgot to add I'm really glad to see you at AYLI challenge - I don't see you play there often so it's lovely to see you join us. Of course I knew you would pick the animals option!!! What else could you have picked! And love the thought process for Vince!! *burp* LOL :0)

Mary J said...

I never get tired of this sweet stamp - love what you've done with it honey!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the cute image.xxx

Sarah said...

Fab card Squirrel, what a sweet bear and beautifully painted as ever. I always know exactly what Suzy, the dog, and Surprise, the pony, are saying to me although it is usually food related!! Thanks for joining in at AYLI too!! xx

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie, Luv Sam x

Sue said...

Awwww I love this cute image. Your soft colouring is perfect and the papers are gorgeous too.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card with fuzzy love in it.

What was that you were saying to me the other day about being surprised at me? well I think there's a little of that with you too, tail trim an' all that!LOL.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is such and adorable image and love the colours you have used.

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, love the image and beautiful design.

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

Sooo cute! Love the image and your colouring looks gorgeous too... fab card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

aussie aNNie said...

The cutest of cute sweet image all rugged up in that cute pink towel...have a great Sunday my Squirrel....xx
♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

Jackie said...

Yet another of your so delightful images Squirrel :o)
Not interested in the Grand Prix but was glued to the TV for the Tour de France until I had to tear myself away from it to go to work!!! What a shame about Cav.
Jackie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Back with my DT hat on to say thanks for playing at AGOAC

Kat W said...

I tend more towards people on my cards but I do love the little critters too! This one is utterly adorable and you've coloured him so beautifully :-)

We are hoping for a bumper crop of tomatoes this year, always dreading that blight will strike though and ruin it all. When we get a good crop we make huge batches of tomato sauce and freeze it to enjoy a taste of summer in the middle of winter!
I am also hoping for lots of chillies this year too; we have 5 plants each with about 30 fruits on so far! Just need some to ripen now!

Big hugs, Kat xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.really sweet image and i love your pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Haha it seems that we are all growing something I have tomatoes and cucumbers and also some chilli's
all have flowers and some fruits, we will have to take photos and have a share post haha! I also have an aubergine growing for fun, and at the allotment lots of other things too.. LOVE your card the ikkle bear is super cute and LOVE her blankie too! Great to see you at As You Like It challenge hunny,
hugs Samantha :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...