WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 21 February 2010

Two Quickies Just For Fun

Hope you are all having a great weekend - sorry to hear about more snow in parts of the country.  Thankfully, after a bit of an iffy start this morning, we have got away lightly this time.  Keeping my toes crossed that it doesn't sneak up on us overnight!  I need some sunshine - not too much heat, just the brightness will do me!

Normally we do our grocery shopping midweek after work, when it's quieter, but poor old Toad has been so late home this week that we postponed the inevitable until yesterday morning.  It was absolute bedlam (is is just me or do some folks treat it as a family outing?!) and I think in all the chaos my mojo fell into the freezer section with the sprouts - it's certainly nowhere else to be found at the moment LOL!  Anyway, had a little play, just for fun this afternoon and came up with a couple of very simple and quick birthday cards -
I love this Lili Of The Valley bunny with balloon, and thought he'd be perfect for my morning bus-buddy, James, as it has become compulsory now to count the bunnies on the golf course as the bus crawls past!  Paper/cardstock is PaperCellar and DCWV.  Image coloured with ProMarkers.

And the bunny's cupcake put me in mind of this fab image from High Hopes called Sweet Little Thing.  I had coloured him up before I thought about papers and sentiment but I think the colours in the PaperMania Sweet Nothings works pretty well and the Penny Black sentiment seemed perfect.  Well, it made me smile anyway!

Hope you are having wonderful weekends, whatever you are up to.  Thanks for popping over to see me.
Hugs,
Squirrel xx

14 comments:

Tracy said...

A couple of great cards Squirrel, love the images. We've had a heavy snow fall, but it does look beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Emma said...

great cards squirrel, love the think big sentiment works lovely with the image. take care and have a great week x

Marcea said...

Hi there gorgeous, fab cards - I love them. Your bus buddy is gonna love his card
Tonnes of the white stuff here this morning,was crazy!
-x-

LINDA said...

Hi Squirrel, These are both just adorable. Love the papers, and the coloring is just Fab..Awesome blog you have here.. Very lovely creations..
Hugs, Linda

Helen said...

Awww...these are so sweet Squirrel!
Helen x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

The little bunny is so sweet, I love the colours on your cute cupcake ant card, Hope your had a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Rufus said...

awwww, those are so sweet! Your bus buddy is gonna love his. Wishing you sunshine, R/

Jackie said...

Lovely cards Squirrel, I adore the bug image :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet cards , especially love the cute bunny
luv
Debby

coops said...

2 gorgeous cards hun.love your images and fab colours.luv coops.xx

Pauline C said...

Aww these are both so cute hun - totally lurve the LotV bunny with balloon ... and your High Hopes card is also such a cutie - love them!
hugs
Pauline x

Gibmiss said...

hi what a gorgeous card i love it
Hugs
sylvie
xxx

Lacey Stephens said...

These are both fantastic cards!! Grocery shopping is the pits!! I try to do it during the week while the kids are in school...and everyone else is at work! And God forbid I need something over the weekend!!
~Lacey

Anonymous said...

Hey I love these!! Oh hell I try to dip in and out the shopping lark! 30mins in the shop is enough it one go! mind you I do not buy meat or fish from the supermarket, butchers & fishmongers are brilliant in town on route home :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...