WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 27 February 2010

Totally Gorjuss meets Sketch Saturday

It's Saturday and the sun is shining! Wheeeee! Hope you are getting some warmth were you are too.

Only the one card for you today as we've been out most of the morning and there is a rather interesting rugby match on later that I would particularly like to watch and I want to get dinner prepped before the match kicks off.  There could be blood on the carpet as Toad and I will be supporting opposing teams (thought he was going to explode last night because I cheered when Wales scored a try against France, but they were heavily down at the time so it seemed the sporting thing to do!).

Anyhoo, staying with my green theme of the moment, one card for two challenges
Totally Gorjuss It's For You Mum; and
Sketch Saturday Week 92
I wasn't too sure about this sketch until I started working with it and then I sort of fell in love with it a little bit.  I shall certainly use it again another time.

I've used Whiff of Joy Willow Shopping, what a darlin' she is, and coloured he with Copics and ProMarkers.  I have paper-pieced her shopping bags to tie in with the DPs, which are a selection of Basic Grey, Papercellar and Daisy & Dandelion.  Sentiment is Personal Impressions and green gems and greed cardstock are from stash.  Willow is such a babe - so here's a close up ....

Not in a million years would I see my beloved mother going out shopping like this, but I think she does in her dreams.  Love you mum.

Hugs, Squirrel xx

18 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Love your colouring and the paper piecing.
I am a little unsure about this sketch ... summoning up the courage whilst watch a certain game on the telly. I had a very grumpy hubby last night ... being Welsh and all that!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Debbie said...

Oh My love the softness of this..great job with the sketch...

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel - your colouring is amazing!
Unfortunately it's rather soggy here...and the b****y rugby makes driving around West London a nightmare on match days...it took me 20 mins just to get from one side of Kew Bridge to the other after work today...and that doesn't include the time spent queueing in traffic to get to the bridge!!!
Helen x

coops said...

stunning card squirrel, its been a horrid wet day here in staffs.love your layout hun and gorgeous soft colours.fab paper piecing on the bags too.luv coops.xx

Berni said...

This is fab - I love it.
Berni

Mina said...

oh wow shes gorgeous, I love the paper pieced bags, perfect colouring too...btw I finally managed to get the drool wiped off my screen from yesterday lol
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card hun, love the image and your paper piecing is fab
hugs Mandy xx

Rufus said...

Love what you've done with the sketch. Really looks good. Super image and your coloring is perfection! Glad there was no blood spilled in your house!
R/

Suzie said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. Suzie x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, love the colours on this!
Clairex

craftymum said...

such a lovely car Squirrel. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah XXX

Anonymous said...

Beautiful :) Your colouring is fab. (Didn't know you were a rugby fan: we are a rugby family too! Poor England :# )

Kat said...

Beautiful card Squirrel. Love the paper pieced bags.....really smart looking! Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Love the way you paper pieced the bags, I wasn't sure about the setch either but it kinda came together lol,you rocked the challenge TFS XXX

Michele Spera said...

Lovely colors and I especially like the paper piecingThanks for joining us at Tg this week
Michele

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card ~ fab image coloured beautifully ~ luv the paper piecing & the papers are ace xx lizzy xx

Tasha said...

Such a super sassy card. the stamps is great and i love your paper piecing what a great idea! lovin the papers you have used too
love tasha xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...