WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 25 February 2010

Two For Fun

It's the nephew's birthday in a couple of weeks and he's reached that awkward age of 23 (come to think of it, aren't they are all awkward ages for men?) when he's gone beyond cute but not reached serious.  So I went for funny.  The clue is in what he's up to these days - he's studying for a degree in motorsport engineering .....
I don't know a student who doesn't play computer games do you?  I've used Lili Of The Valley stamp that I like to call "Boy Racer", papers are leftovers, candy dots are Pebbles Inc and peel-offs from stash.  Image coloured with Copics and ProMarkers.

And then I cried.  I cried because I wanted to use another couple of sheets of Basic Grey "Origins" and the black floral sheet is just so beautiful and you only get two sheets in a pad and it hurrrrrrrrrrrrt so much!  Sob! Anyhoo, this card sort of evolved around the stamp really, it's High Hopes "Roasting Marshmallows" and I want to send it to a very kind and supportive blogging buddy who has more faith in me than I do in myself.
Text on the front says "A friend doesn't mind if you're a bit odd" and inside simply says "Thank you for not minding".

Hugs
Squirrel xx

Today's earlier post: A Gem Of A Passion

12 comments:

Julye said...

Two absolutely fab cards. Think I might work on non fattening candy for easter, or even mothers day. I'm sure your nephew will love this card and your friend too they are both delish. I love seeing your cards but I just end up adding more and more stamps and papers and everything but especially the stamps to my ever growing wish list.Will it ever get any smaller probably not. Thanks for sharing Julye

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Squirrel. I love both images and the papers are lush.
I have that problem with BG pads - 2 sheets of each pattern is not enough ... solve the problem by buying 3 or 4 pads LOL!! (but not at the mo of course!!)
Hugs
Cathy xx

craftymum said...

great cards Squirrel. I'm sure they will be loved.
Love sarah XXX

Mina said...

gorgeous cards, the first one if just perfect for your Nephew I bet he loves it...love the cute image on the other one and I have just used the same stunning BG papers, they are lush arnt they
Mina xxx

LINDA said...

These are both just awesome.. I really love the sentiment on the friend one..Fantastic job!!!
Hugs, Linda

Marisa said...

Hi, just love the cards, especially the first one, what a cute image!
hugs
Marisa

Rufus said...

Great cards, Squirrel! Yup, sometimes it just hurts to cut into the DP. Your nephew is gonna love his. As for the second card, LOL! It's perfect!
R/

Naomi Johnson said...

2 fab cards, they're both going to be loved! x

Anonymous said...

2 fab cards hunny I love them both!
I think your right I do not know any students that doing anything else it there spare time!
:0)

coops said...

2 fantastic cards hun.love your images and fabby colouring,great papers and layouts too.luv coops.xx

Zippy said...

Two really fun cards, I espeially like the 'marshmallows' one, that stamp is on my wish list! xxxx

Anonymous said...

hee hee fab cards squirrel :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...