WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 14 February 2010

Totally Gorjuss "Feel The Lurve" and one for fun

Morning all, how are you today?  I dill tarn't breed droo by doze!  In a way it's my own fault - I've been cold free for about four years so this one has really taken hold.  Talk about snuffles!  Still, never mind, worse things happen at sea as they say.  

Managed to lose Toad's Valentine card that I made for him (the one with the fabulous High Hopes "Snuggle Lions" that I made a couple of weeks ago).  I'd put it somewhere safe.  Very safe.  So safe I couldn't find it.  Had a bit of a tizz and a cry and had just written him a substitute when I found it, safe and well, nestling in my stamp box cupboard where I'd put it to keep it nice and flat.  Hey ho!

So enough of my nonsense, to the cards ...... the ever fabulous Totally Gorjuss are "feeling the lurve" this week.  It doesn't have to be Valentine, just a love theme.  I had made this card for a very dear friend for whom I have a lot of affection so I hope that counts.
 
I've kept it simple because I think the Whiff of Joy City Girl "Willow Dressing Up" is just such a stunning image and I didn't want to lose her amongst too many embellishments.  She's coloured with Copics, a very limited palette of skin tones plus Egg Shell, Raw Silk and Tea Rose for her dress and I used ProMarkers for her hair.  Martha Stewart punch for the border, paper and pearls from stash, sentiment is Pink Gem.  Here's a close up (but only because I am, for once, really chuffed with the colouring)
And my other card is for my darlin' daddy - I had already made him a card but I'm having second thoughts about it so I did this one as well.  I'll decide on the day which one he gets!
The image is a Lili Of The Valley, coloured with ProMarkers.  Papers are Dovecraft, cardstock is DCWV and Bazzil, peel-off sentiment, corners and borders from stash.  Image cut out using a Nestabilities Pinking Circle.

Off to have another little play now so I may be back later.  Hope you are having a happy Sunday.
Hugs
Squirrel xx

14 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

both beautiful cards - i adore that LOTV stamp - fab colours, im sure they'll be loved!

Net said...

Wow Squirrel that's super! I know just what you mean about 'safe' places! I have so many of them lol

Love the card for your Dad too, one sweet image.

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

Crealin said...

Hi Squirrel,

you've been busy, even though you have a cold ;-) I must say your coloring is 'supertastic'. Especially that girl's dress is top.

I hope you'll soon feel better and have a happy valentine's day!

Linsx

Kat said...

Hi Squirrel, I love this card, that Whiff of Joy image is just gorgeous. Love your other card too. Thanks for joining us at TG again and good luck.

Kat x

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Squirrel. Love the manly papers you've used for your dad. Hope the sniffles go away soon. Take care xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful cards Squirrel, love the one for your dad. The image is adorable. lol at you losing the card, I did exactly the same 2 weeks ago and then remembered I had put it inside a big thick gardening book to flatten,dozy or what!! Hugs and hope you are feeling better very soon. Debs x

craftymum said...

Two very lovely cards Squirrel. That Whiff of Joy stamp really is spectacular isn't it.
Thank for joining us at TG again and for entering my blog candy too ( it all seems to be working. It's the first time I have used Mr Linky and wasn't really sure what I was doing. My next turmoil is when the candy ends and I have to do the Random picky thing!!!!!!!)
Keep taking vitamin C to get rid of that cold
Love sarah XXX

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Both cards are gorgeous Squirrel
Hugs Dianne xx

coops said...

both stunning cards squirrel, really love the images.hope you feel better soon.luv coops.xx

Jackie said...

I love both cards, the top one is very pretty and love the image on the bottom one :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

LOVELY!! I so love the Lili Of The Valley one! I am loving these boy images! so prefect! 2 fab cards Hunny! :0)

Michele Spera said...

really lovely card! the colors are perfect!Thank you for joining TG this week
Michele

Pauline C said...

These are both absolutely fabulous Squirrel The City Girl is really amazing - brilliant Copic colouring and very elegant in its simplicity .. hmmm I'm starting to wonder agian now whether I should go down the Copic route ... and the LotV one is so perfect for a man - brilliant!
Pauline x

Zippy said...

Two fantastic cards love, I am sure the receiptiants are going to adore them! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...