WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 1 October 2012

Without Words (DT) October Challenge

Morning all, and welcome to 1st October!  Autumn is well and truly underway, Christmas is just around the corner ...... but what the heck, it's time for the second WITHOUT WORDS challenge!

Thank you all so much for joining in our launch challenge in September, you really did have fun with colour, and we have seen some amazing quality work.

So, are you ready for your new fun colour challenge?  This month our theme is THINGS THAT GO BUMP, so think magic, think mystery, think spooky - we are looking for darker colours, the purples, blues, reds, blacks .... it seemed like a good idea when I thought of this theme, and then realised that these are not the easiest colours to work with but hey, nothing should stop you as we all know how much talent is out there in blogland!  And please please please remember, a CAS card with minimal embellishments.

The design team have had a ball with this one and created the most amazing works of art for you to drool over, so please, if you get chance, it'd be nice to show your appreciation.  One of the images took four hours to colour.  Four hours!  And all done for you.

Here is what I did:

I just love this ultra CAS style of card, it's simplicity really appeals, but that's probably because I'm a simple squirrel, lol.

I've used Hazel from Whimsy/Wee Stamps (by Sylvia Zet) and painted her in Distress Inks (ReInkers).  The sentiment by Hero Arts is stamped in Grape Jelly Memento and the purple shiny spots are Papermania.




So, on your marks, get set, off you go - challenge runs until 6.00pm (UK time) on 30 October.

Hugs, Sxx

26 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Squirrel, what a beautiful, no fuss card. I love your style of CAS :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, gorgeous card.
Luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh lovely card hunny love the C&S and love the colours. and your shading too! xx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic colouring Squirrel, love the cute image too,that little dragon, he is so spooky gorgeous.. saw all the DT's work...fantastic cards...

luv CHRISSYxx

Curly said...

Wow she is adorable your colouring is amazing as always, I love the clean and simple card Its something I need to practise.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and your colouring is wonderful.

hugs Sue

Jane said...

CAS Just how I like it!
A chance to let the colouring speak for itself.
Great work my friend
Hugs
Jane

Carol Willis said...

Awwww, I want a pet bat! Not sure how the cats would feel about that, probably very happy too, but not for the right reasons. Love this Squirrel. Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Caz x

TallyTalulah said...

Beautiful card - love it xx

Elise said...

HI ya Squirrel! Well, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I always love how you can make a CAS card look so beautiful! Me on the other hand .. tend to SLATHER things on left and right! hahhahahah!!!! I love this!

Big Hugs,
Elise

thecraftycavalier said...

Now, I'm glad you clarified what you meant by 'Things that go Bump' because I was on completely the wrong track and it could have proved VERY embarrassing! Still, now I know that has been averted. Your card is just stunning - all the DT cards are just awesome this month. Your colouring is fab and the image is gorgeous. I'm too embarrassed to turn out another hideous effort. But, I will admire those that do it well! Hugs, Jayne (aka the fairy with her mind in the gutter!) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lorraine said...

This little witch is just so adorable, I love her!! Your colouring is as gorgeous as ever too.
Lorraine x

coops said...

just love this hun.the image is so stunning and i really want that cute bat :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Hugs, Claire x

Julie said...

Hi Squirrel,Such a fab CAS card,I'm in awe of your colouring lady! and the shadowing looks flippin perfect!Have a great week, Julie.x

Kim Dellow said...

Totally Cute Squirrel! Shame I missed you in Crawley - I'll have to coordinate a demo for when you are visiting! Have a fab week. Kimx

Wishcraft said...

She's lovely hun, so pretty! Love the fabby colours you've used for her :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Loz said...

I love that CAS style too!! Gorgeous, gorgeous colouring!! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She is SUPERB, looks like she has been printed, BEAUTIFUL colouring.

Janice said...

A brilliant card & a super image. Colouring perfect as always. I do love that stamp but I had to do a double take on that bat - was one of his parents a reindeer? Jx

Delphine said...

Well I love this ultra CAS style of card and my simple Squirrel:-)! Gorgeous image, fantastic colouring and perfect layout! I LOVE it! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Shelly said...

Wow she's fabulous! I love how you've coloured her! Great card, Shelly x

Jacilynn said...

ooo, i love this. the white background is just perfect

Kat said...

Lovely card Squirrel. The simplicity of the layout really shows off the lovely image. Beautifully coloured as usual.

Kat xx

Rachel said...

Hi Squirrel....fab card...love your colouring and cute image. Wedgie xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your card and you rocked that color combination!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...