WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 29 October 2012

Something Different

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, hello folks.  How has your Monday been?  I would love to be able to say that I have had the most brilliant day, but I can't.  If I'm totally honest, it's been the pits!

But, it's mostly over now so I thought I would just grab this minute or two before getting dinner on to show you a card I made yesterday.  It's just that little bit different for me, although no doubt you will recognise the simple layout.


I was playing around with ideas for a monochrome card, but simply could not resist adding a splash or two of colour for contrast.

Ingredients for this pooch are:
Stamped Image - Crafters Companion Mulberry Wood Everyday "Friend"
Medium - Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers - DCWV Black & White Stack - I used the daisies and the roses
Cardstock - DCWV Neutral Stack and Brights Stack

I haven't added a sentiment yet because I think he could be used for several occasions.  I know when the right one comes along!

Hugs, Sxx

26 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card I love the image he's adorable and I love the flower backround paper. Caroline xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Been pretty pooh here too bud. Never mind just keep plodding on. Fab card, love how the yellow matting picks up on the splash of colour in the image. Take care Debs xx

thecraftycavalier said...

I LOVE it! The right sentiment would be 'Happy Birthday Jayne'. I just love that splash of colour. You are such a clever clogs! And that doggy is just too cut for words. Yep, this is my new favourite. I didn't kill anyone whilst bowling today. Neither did the beast! Super, hugs Jayne xx

cebelica said...

This card is really pretty. I like how the flowers stand out. Hugs! xx

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous card,great image and colouring.xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful hun just love this
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sue said...

Awww this is gorgeous, I love the cute image and the burst of colour looks fabulous.
I'm sorry you have had a bad day, I hope tomorrow will be better.

hugs Sue

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and the monochrome with a splash of colour looks fabulous! Love it!
Lorraine x

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. Love the little touch of colour.

Kat xx

scrappymo! said...

LI like the contrast between the splash of colour and the monochrome of the rest of the card and image!

Joey said...

oooooh how cute is this little image! love the paper too! Hope things have improved for you this evening. Joey x

Jennifer said...

Soooo cute, Squirrel...I love the deep greys you have used on that little bear, making the bright colours really pop.

Sorry I have been MIA with my comments lately (lots going on), but I have been having a good browse through your posts this morning - all gorgeous, but 2 'stand-outs' for me are Jolly Holly (21/10), and Snowman Hugs (27/10).

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Robyn said...

Hi Squirrel! What a pleasure it is to visit your happy blog with all its adorable cards and funny stories!! TFS! (You are on my blogroll now so I don't miss any!)

Chrissy said...

Sorry you had such a stink day,, but a gorgeous card follows..love the monochrome look and the splash of colour, such a cute image and really like the background.
Hope tomorrow is a better one..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kay said...

its super,x

Jackie said...

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday Squirrel...hugs
I love your usual layouts but you have made a little beauty here, I love the colour on the monochrome background :o)
Jackie xx

Dorte said...

Great card, Squirrel...I love the dog and the orange splash ;)
Wishing you a better Tuesday.
hugs Dorte

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, love he touch of colour.

Naomi Johnson said...

cute card hun x

coops said...

so gorgeous hun.love the adorable image and the pop of colour is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

TallyTalulah said...

Gorgeous and love the image xx

Mary J said...

I love the splash of colour, Squirrel - really makes it pop!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Something different, but still your fab work, love it

Shelly said...

Cute dog... he goes great with the BG paper! Happy Halloween! Shelly x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so cool! The muted grays and then ZING! the splash of color. It works so well.

Sorry to hear you were having a blah Monday. Hopefully it has gotten better now!!!

downrightcrafty said...

Totally Cute!!!!!
Kate xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...