WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 6 October 2012

Scared of my own shadow

Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes for my appraisal this week - I am pleased to report that it went very well!

The week I've had at work has left me feeling somewhat flat and lacking in energy


But I did manage to make one Christmas card this week.  It's in my favourite CAS style so apologies if you are bored with seeing these


I've used a stamp called "Joyful Noise" from Penny Black but I am 99% sure that the artwork is Mo Manning - painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers), and the sentiment is from Woodware.

While I was doing this I was transported back three and a half years to art class.  I could hear the tutor, Paul, in my head firmly saying "deepen those shadows" and me squeaking back at him "but I'm too scared"!

Hope you have a fabulous day, whatever you are up to.

Hugs, Sxx

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh wow hun it maybe CAS but your stunning colouring more than makes up for no embellies, well done Paul too lol
hugs Mandy xx

Carol Willis said...

Another gorgeous card Squirrel. I never tire of your CAS style. Love the photo of your slight flat feeling self.
Hugs
Caz x

Doreen said...

Love this...gorgeous image and colours.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

You do look in need of a good rest my friend :o) Your card is beautiful I like the image and the verse.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Stunning card Squirrel. I LOVE the image and your colouring is fabulous.

I hope you manage to get some time to relax and recharge those batteries!!

Hugs Sue

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous image Squirrel and your colouring is ACE!
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

I LOVE this one Squirrel, what a cute image and fabulous colouring,love the sentiment too...gorgeous card.
[love your little flat squirrel up the top too...sooo cute]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kat said...

Beautiful card Squirrel. I love your CAS cards with the stunning colouring. You are a clever girl.

Glad to hear your appraisal went well, but not surprised!!

Kat xx

coops said...

so stunning hun.really love the image and your colouring is fabulous.
so pleased the appraisal went well :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

I am so pleased to hear that your appraisal went well Squirrel.
How could anyone ever get bored with your superb CAS cards, everyone of them is a masterpiece including this one :o)
Jackie xx

Mary J said...

Well done on your appraisal Squirrel! And well done on creating a gorgeous card too! I love it!

Wishcraft said...

Oh what a lovely image, and your colouring looks so FAB! Love the sentiment too, it finishes your card off beautifully :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Waht a fabulous image, sentiment and of course colouring, I think you learnt well, those shadow make them come off the page, just fabulous.

PS, love you squirrel's pose LOL

Curly said...

Stunning card Hun I love the image and your colouring is fantastic,
Have a lovely Sunday,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Pink Dandelion said...

Super CAS card S. Another little work of art. Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Oh glad to here your appraisal went well, Oh dear I hope your not feeling like a pancake today and that you have your bushy tail all primped! Gorgeous card and NO never bored with them! hugs me x x

TallyTalulah said...

Stunning as usual - love the little dog! xx

thecraftycavalier said...

I completely missed this stunner! How did I manage that? I am a terrible friend. I love the image and you've coloured it to perfection - I LOVE it! I love the vintage feel to it. Yum! Mwah. Hugs, Jayne xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...