WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 12 October 2012

I Warned You!

Evening all!  Well, I did warn you that you might be seeing this stamp more than once this Christmas so here it is again!

This time I stamped the Wild Rose Studio Baby Jesus onto Bristol Board, and then again onto Eclipse Masking Tape.  I carefully cut out and applied the mask, and stamped over it using the Personal Impressions Christmas Story script stamp in Memento Rich Cocoa, then distressed the Board with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then again round the edges with Frayed Burlap.

After removing the mask I then painted the image with Distress Inks (ReInkers), layered onto a piece of darker card and applied to the white card base.


It was simple enough to do, if somewhat time consuming, but I am really pleased with the result - might do some more of these now that I have the mask made.

Hugs, Sxx

24 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

Squirrel! this is incredible! I cannot tell you how much I like it. I want it!

Caroline said...

Wow this is gorgeous I so love that image and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and great layout.xxx

Lorraine said...

It might have taken a lot of time but it was definitely worth it....this is GORGEOUS"!!! LOVE IT!
Lorraine x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is beautiful- i love everything
Lisa x

Julie said...

Fabulous Squirrel,what a special card!I so love everything about this one, the colours,the combination of stamps and your perfect bit of masking, as I said, Fabulous!

Nonni said...

Oh I love this card!! Your masking has succeeded perfectly. So beautiful, the color tones and all!

Chrissy said...

Oh! I love this Squirrel, it is gorgeous, really gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

simply stunning love the creativity you just gotta add this to the facebook page for WRS
Hugs Kate xx
WRS DT :)

Sue said...

This is stunning Squirrel. I LOVE that image and wht wonderful background stamp.

hugs Sue

Dragonlady said...

Stunning, and I don't blame you using thsi stamp again it is lovely - great masking.

Hugs Ali x

Carol Willis said...

This is really beautiful Squirrel. I'm just getting into using masks, this is the kind of thing I would love to achieve.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Debs said...

Simply stunning - I love it!
Debs xx

scrappymo! said...

How lovely and if you keep that mask from year to year, this stamp would be easy to use this way in the future!
Beautiful card.

Sandra Azzopardi said...

This is gorgeous, Squirrel! I love how you have masked the script over that image, what a great idea!

Rufus said...

Well worth the time it took to make the mask!
R/

Jackie said...

It's a fabulous stamp and worthy of being used many times. I love what you've done with it here, a wonderful card :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

wow love this hun.the script backing is stunning and i love the gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL beautiful card, perfect for Christmas.

Claire said...

WOW this is just gorgeous - love what you have done with the masking to achieve the script background. Amazing work hun. Hugs, Claire x

Donna Mosley said...

OMG! Squirrel, this is so amazing hun. LOVE IT!

Donna x

Niki Estes said...

This is so neat! I absolutely love it! I think I need to look for that background stamp now.

Kat said...

Fantastic card Squirrel. I think a lot of people would love to receive a card like that. It's what it's all about isn't it?

Kat xx

Delphine said...

This looks fan-tas-tic! I love your masking and the image you have used! Beautiful colours and brilliant design:-)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...