WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 27 October 2012

Snowman Hugs

Doesn't every one adore a snowman?  So wouldn't it be extra special, if a little chilly, to get a hug from one?!  It's almost been snowman weather here today, we've had rain, wet snow, sleet and hail, brrrrrrrr.  It was perishing at 9.00 this morning.  At least the sun has popped out now for a lovely, bright interlude between the downpours!

And speaking of snowmen, I thought it was about time I got ink to one of my new Wild Rose Studio stamps.


As I shall be posting so many Christmas cards I am trying to keep them all fairly flat and light, hence the simplicity of the layout on this one, as UK PIP postage prices are now quite high, especially if you are posting a lot of items in one go.  I don't want to sound mean, but last year my postage stamp bill was higher than the cost of Toad's Christmas present!

Ingredients are
Medium - Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Sentiment - Hobby Art
Paper - LOTV Frosty Christmas
Extras - Sparkle borders and Martha Stewart snowflake

On the coloured version of this stamp on the packet, the little bear is done as a polar bear but I wanted to add a little warmth with colour, so here he is just a plain old teddy!


I've made another Christmas card today that I will save to show you tomorrow.  Now I'm off downstairs to make a birthday card for a bloggie buddy.  Shepherd's Pie for dinner tonight (omm nom nom) so nice and cozy comfort grub, stuffing my face while watching Strictly and Merlin.  How much better can it get?

Hugs, Sxx




28 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card, love the image so sweet and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

that card is sooooo cute! :) love it!
hugs,
mickymunchkin

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card. Lovely image. Beautiful colouring.
Enjoy watching Strictly and Merlin as I'm a fan on both.
Kathleen x

downrightcrafty said...

A perfect opportunity to ink this up considering the cold, we have had it all too. Love the layout and the gorgeous red frame around your super coloured image, do hope you have added it to the FB site again ;)
Hugs Kate xx
WRS DT :)

Sue said...

So gorgeous, I LOVE that cute image and your colouring is beautiful.

I hope you have a good evening

Joey said...

Hiya Squirrel, I absolutely love this image, so so cute, great card. Tis the same here hun, artic temp for me lol, my son woke me at stupid oclock to tell me it was such a sunny day! dont be fooled lol, its horrible! Joey x
ps: its tuesday hun x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,a beautifully coloured image.xxx

scrappymo! said...

Very nice card...I agree about the postage...I always think the post office should sell the little slim cut opening guide thy use. If we had a copy of the guide at home we could add only enough layers to make it safely through the tester guide.
I keep all my thick, layered cards for hand delivery. We go to several parties and gift exchanges at Christmas time. I hand deliver many cards there, as do many other friends especially the paper crafter friends.

Aunty Sue said...

Oh i said i wouldnt but any stamps this year and use what i have but seeing this I need to hug them so thanks for the inspiration and if I get any weaker think i will go shopping and not for food

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh S this is super. Love this cute image and the red frame really makes it pop. Gorgeous sunny day here but bloomin' freezin'. Enjoy your shepherds pie and I'll be joining you watching Strictly and Merlin. Debs xx

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card and love the image, beautifully coloured. Sometimes the simple lay-outs work the the best! xxx

Dorte said...

Beautiful-flat- card! I have a soft spot for snowmen, and they looks so great together with blue and white paper.
Hugs Dorte

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card, that image is sooo cute! I love the layout too, I'm trying to do the same thing and make flat Christmas cards for easy postage :)

Tags xx

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun! Oh I was so tempted by this stamp when I first saw it... it's sooo cute, but I have so much stuff it's getting ridiculous lol... so I shall go away and pretend you've not reminded me! Have a lovely evening :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Caroline said...

OMG I love your card I love the bear as a polar or as a teddy xxx

Donna Mosley said...

A wonderful card Squirrel, love the beautiful image and your AMAZING colouring. Stuffing me face here too. :o)

Donna x

Unknown said...

This is lovely...
Hugs
Kim M

Mary J said...

Such a cute card, Squirrel! Love the snowflakes and silver border!

Chrissy said...

Such a gorgeous image Squirrel, gorgeous colouring and love the Bear as a teddy..beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image, they make you feel like snuggling up!
I hope you enjoyed your Shepherds pie!
Lorraine x

coops said...

so gorgeous hun.really love this cute image and your colouring is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Uma said...

OMG sooo cute. I'm liking Merlin too at the moment and I love strictly when I'm in on a Sat night ;o)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, I like the sweet image, the design and the snowflakes.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

Delightful cards since my last visit Squirrel, I love very cute the image on the first one :o)
Jackie xx

Janice said...

I love this one - perfect colouring as always, Jx

Deborah said...

Gorgeous - love this image. I like that you have coloured the bear rather than have a polar bear.

TallyTalulah said...

Way too cute - love it xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This card makes me cold! Oh wait, maybe it is my office. I like the contrast of the cold background and the warm happiness of the close friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...