WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 30 January 2017

So much love in the room ......

..... I am exhausted, emotionally and physically.  Yesterday was the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Show in Thetford so off we went, having set Wayne, the SatNav, with the postcode.  Now, Wayne is a bit thick.  He gets it into his tiny little chip which direction he wants you to go, even if it isn't the route you want, and he is determined to get you that way.  We experienced that on the way to the Lake District.  We wanted the M6, he wanted us on the A1.  We were nearly to Manchester before he actually gave in.

Yesterday was no better.  He wanted us on the A14, we wanted the A140/A1066.  If he said "recalculating" once, he must have said it about twenty times as I confidently ignored his instructions (well, you do when you are on local roads don't you).  It was a very pretty drive up through Suffolk and into Norfolk - a route I hadn't been on for several years.  However, as much as it pains me, for a shorter journey (not by much mind) and a quicker route, the blasted SatNav was actually right!  But if we had followed him we would have had a journey of HGVs and a boring duel carriageway.  Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Anyhoo, we got there safely, and within two minutes of entering the hall, I was swamped in Dies To Die For hugs!  Finally, I get to meet my precious girls - Annette, Sue, Tracy, Faye, Kat, Debbie, and of course Tracy's amazing man, Andy!  

Lots of squeals and giggles.  At which point, Toad is a bit outnumbered and overwhelmed so he took himself off for a nice swim in the pool next door, bless him.

I did some shopping (cough), a lot of chattering, some more shopping (sorry Andy) and cemented some already longstanding friendships.  I didn't want to leave.

But leave we had to, and actually listened to Wayne on the way home.  He didn't have to shout at me once.

So, today I am off work (holiday) and recovering.  I know how I feel so dread to think how tired and aching the others must be who had far longer journeys.  Yes, bits of me ache that I had forgotten could ache, but it was soooooooooooooo worth it to be able to meet my gorgeous teamies.

So, after all that ramble, I do actually have a little card for you - and this sums up yesterday.


When one heart isn't enough, make a string of them!
This little lass is Twila from CC Designs - Roberto's Rascals String of Hearts
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) with Polychromos Pencil for hair detail
A real pick n mix of paper and card, I can't even remember which pad the heart paper came from
Spellbinders dies - I've lost the label but they are probably large scallop something

Thank you girls, it was a blast!
What goes on tour, stays on tour (and Debbie, I am sorry about Toad and your camera!)


Hugs to all
Squirrel xx

10 comments:

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Brilliant post. It was sooooo FAB to meet you. And I love your card xx

Christine L said...

So glad you had a wonderful day yesterday - I was so jealous of you all getting to meet up... lots of Pink Ladies in the room at once.... awwww!

Loving what you did here too with String of Hearts!

Christine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fun post, shame I wasn't there, hooe to meet you one day. Rest up today and create more gorgeous cards like this one x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a sweet card Squirrel. Love your post, glad you had a super time.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

What a great post Squirrel you had me giggling away and such an awesome photo..fabulous cute card too and so happy you had such a great time.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. You all look amazing.
Lovely card too xx

Lisa Lara said...

Such an adorable card. Glad you had such a great time.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sounds a blast, to have such a fun day. AND shopping too, who could wish for better. I LOVE the card, it is so appropriate.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! That little girl in the card is so full of excitement. I'm sure you were yesterday as well. It sounds like fun... except for that annoying Wayne (ha!). Funny how so much fun can wear you right out.

Annette said...

Seeing the pic again is making me sad we're not still there hun. I could easily wind back the clock to last Sunday morning (but could do without the bit past 4pm!). Where's David Tennant when you need him?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...