WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 2 June 2018

Gnome Pile (DT) Dies To Die For

Morning all, running a little late because of v.e.t appointment but Squirrel is now in the house

Every now and then, amongst all the impossible ideas, the husband comes up with a little cracker and on this one he was so right, so I had to go with it.


"They look like little Santas" he says


The Gnomes/Santas are painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and there is a little bit of Polychromos
 Pencil in the beards - I really need to practice beards, it has taken me ages to master normal hair but beards are a whole other world of hairyness.

That's a Martha Stewart snowflake in the corner, but simply because I had the punch to hand.

Speaking of hairyness, this morning's v.e.t visit (booster vaccines and worming) went relatively well.  Managed to get Her Ladyship into the carrier with no biting or scratching,  but of course we had the traditional yowling all the way to the surgery.  We had a bit of a wait, but not too bad, and she had settled nicely while I was chatting to Ninja's mum (grey tabby, Ninja, not his mum) and she mentioned that she was bracing herself to be told he was fat.  I kept quite quiet!  

Anyhoo, our turn came and I plonked the box on the table.  Would she come out, would she heck as like.  "That's a lovely collection of whiskers" coos the lady vet, as that was all that was making an appearance.  In the end we had to resort to the undignified process of tipping the box and sliding her onto the table.  Once there, she was very well behaved and took the vaccine and worming like a trooper.  I thought the scales would be a challenge but she treated them a bit like a royal throne and sat down quite happily.  The brilliant news is that we have a small weight LOSS at last!

OK, so it was only 200gm, and there is an awful lot more she can shift, but it is her first recorded loss and I was so chuffed.  It took a while to wean her off the Dreamies but it seems to be paying off.

As the treatments were done I picked up the carrier to bring it to the table and had only just got level with the edge of it, not even on it, and she was back in that box like a rocket!  We're home now (obviously) and have had a small snack and are now napping in my armchair.  Bless.

Right then, that's me done, I need to get a chicken in the oven to roast.

Have a wonderful weekend peeps

Love



4 comments:

Annette said...

MY poor little princess having to endure all that stress. Poor girl! Glad she's home and happy now. We have similar issues with Pics but Arn is a gem in the car! Love the "Santas" (he does have a point, but of course there's only one Santa, not three). Those beards are perfection hun. I still have my stamp here uninked ready for my attempt. If mine's half as good as yours, I'll be a happy bunny. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This card is a delight, made me smile, Santa or Gnome, it still made me smile as for the beards, they are brill. Poor Puss with all that stress no wonder she is getting over it and having a nap LOL.
Faith
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So gorgeous & cute Squirrel.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chrissy said...

Adorable little trio Squirrel..glad all went well at the vet..great post..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...