WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 13 December 2009

Totally Gorjuss Free & Easy


Now I have been a bad blogger lately and not taken part in as many challenges as I would like - mostly that is down to time of year I think, I don't seem to have a second to turn around at the moment - and yesterday I got a little nudge from my mate Sarah about it so this morning I sat down to have a go at this week's Totally Gorjuss Challenge and the theme is Free & Easy, so a nice relaxing challenge pre-Christmas ......

I had no clear ideas when I sat down, except what stamp I wanted to use, so this card sort of evolved as I went along - which could explain the end result!


I've used Sugar Nellie's oh-so-cute Manga Fairy, coloured with Copics, the papers are from Papermania Spring Burst collection, peel-off borders and gems from stash.  And that's it, really simple and let's the image do the talking I think.

Hope you are having a good Sunday, we're off to a Carols By Candlelight service this afternoon and then it'll be a dash round to get sorted for going back to work tomorrow. 

Hugs, Squirrel xx

22 comments:

Caroline said...

Awww Squirrel this is gorgeous!

Jackie said...

Super card Squirrel, I love the background and your colouring is great :o)
Jackie xx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Squirrel, love this funky card, that background is fab.

Hugs

Sarah

Dragonlady said...

Hi Squirrel

What a bright ziingy card.

Hugs Ali x

Tonje said...

Wow! This is cool.... love the background and the stamp is supercute!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool does she look! I love the papers nad the colours you have used! ACE card! :0)

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Squirrel, love this card! fab colours and quite retro!. Great stuff
Hugs
Lisa.x

coops said...

aw this is stunning hun, i love the little manga girl and what fab colours, love the backing paper.luv coops.xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh stunning card Squirrel. Hope you had a good sing song yesterday :)

Shelly said...

Hiya Squirrel!
It's been a while so I thought I'd drop by to say hi! Your card is really cute, sometimes less is more and I definately think that lovely image should be the centre of attention. I know what you mean about time, not enough of it in the day! Hope you enjoyed you carol singing!
Hugs Shelly ;)

craftymum said...

Glad the nudge worked. It was worth it. Good to have you back. A lovely card. Love the way the colours radiate from the image
Love Sarah W XXX
p.s. thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card hun - love these papers (I have these but not used for soooooooooooo long)
The peel offs look fab too hunny - super sweet card
-x-

Jules said...

Hi Squirrel

A brilliant card.

Love your colour choices and how your image is sitting dangling her legs out of the frame.

Love Jules xx

Mandy said...

Aww hunny this is gorgeous, so cute.
I've just been catching up on you fabby cards and I did chuckle about Mr Toads bed shopping, I hope it's all put together and comfy lol
hugs Mandy xx

Net said...

Super card Squirrel! Love that image.

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

Tara said...

Such a stunning card Squirrel and those papers really are so delish! Love your choice of image too, so sweet and pretty!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment, you're a real goodie ;o)
Big hugs Tara xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Squirrel - love this! the paper is just perfect for your funky image - i really love these manga Gorjuss girls! Great cool card hun
pauline x

Mina said...

wow I love this bright card Squirrel, I love that paper very retro
Mina xxx

Rach said...

wow, a fantastic card, great detail hun, and a fabulous image choice. hugs rachxx

Tasha said...

This funky fairy is totally cute and looks amazing with the papers you have teamed her with
love tasha xx

Kat said...

Great card Squirrel. I love this Manga fairy and I've used here on a few Christmas cards too. Thanks for joining us at TG again and good luck.

Kat x

Michele Spera said...

Wow Lovely job! perfect image and papers together! thank you for joining us at TG

Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...