WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 10 December 2009

Mum & Dad's Tri-Fold Marathon!


If it had not been for my beloved parents, we would really have been up the proverbial creek without the legendary paddle this year.  They were absolute angels during the five months after my operation when I was immobile for many long weeks and we could not have managed without their constant, unquestioning, love and support.

With this in mind, and because they are really special people anyway, I wanted to make them a Christmas card that was a little more memorable than usual.  So, with this in mind,  I got stuck in yesterday afternoon and, after three hours, this is what I had made

I've used the High Hopes stamp Christmas Kitty Fun which I coloured with Copics.  I think it's come out ok and I'm quite pleased with the wrapping paper and cardboard box!  For papers, I used a selection of Papermania vintage Christmas papers, I love that soft beige. 

I wanted this to be a more-than-ordinary card so I made a tri-fold by sticking two 6x6 cards together (hope they stay stuck) and covering just about every surface of it that I could find, apart from the back!

With the front opened and

Fully opened - I've left the panel on the right empty so I've got somewhere to write.

Once all the papers were on and I was happy, I stamped the central panel with a Penny Black sentiment.  I used a set of Nestabilities labels to get the framed look.  Then, out came the peel-off borders and a happy half-hour or so sticking and trimming every page.

Toad saw this when he came home from work last night and he thinks mum and dad will be thrilled with it.  I hope he's right, they are the most wonderful parents a girl could have. 

Hope you don't mind me sharing my slice of sentimentality with you this morning.  Off to deliver a nativity set to my mum now, complete with stable that has a cat-chewed roof (don't even ask!) on loan for a children's carol concert next week.

Hugs
Squirrel xx


12 comments:

Karina said...

Dear Squirrel,
this card is sooooo lovely and I am sure your parents will be excited about it. I love your colouring! I also have some copics since short time and am still trying out it... although I have 72 of them I think the colour I need is missing...
Love from Karina to you and your cute catboy Vincent as well

Caroline said...

WOW This is gorgeous & I am sure that they will LOVE it!!

x x x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
Your card is gorgeous and i am sure they will love it,
hugs Dianne xx

Pauline C said...

Wowie gorgeous hun - it's so obvious a lot of love and care has gone into it - I'm sure they'll be thrilled :-)
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

How could they not like it? It's beautiful :)

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image so sweet and not at all jealous lol, gorgeous creation, love the tri fold, hugs pops x

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow Squirrel I am sure they will love it, it's fab. Love the cute kitty's and how you have coloured them. Hugs Debs x

Elizabeth P said...

Beautiful cards in a gorgeous blog!!!
I loooove Vincent! he´s so cute trying to help you in the craft room...! :)

Helen said...

Awwww...this is adorable Squirrel...your parents will love it! :0)
Helen x

TallyTalulah said...

Wow it's gorgeous - the stamps is very cute and the papers look great

Lianne
xx

Zippy said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous! Your parents are going to treasure this, its a work of art. xxxx

Trudy Osborn said...

Fantastic, over the top card! I love those kitties, they are just too adorable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...