WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 5 December 2009

GDT Sketch Saturday - Whoo-Hoo!


Remember about a month ago I mentioned some really exciting news?  Well, today is the day!

The wonderful, fantastic, fabulous challenge that is Sketch Saturday have asked me if I would be their Guest Design Team member for December!  Whoooo-hoo!  How excited am I?  Cannot begin to tell you how much.  I am nervous as well though since I have discovered that there is a HUGE difference between making a card for fun for the challenge and making one to show you guys.  I only hope I can do justice to their wonderful sketches.

So, for my very first ever GDT slot, there is a stunning sketch from the uber talented Jeanette



And this is what I have done with it .....



I have used the High Hopes Snow Family stamp, coloured with Promarkers, papers and mirri card are a mixture from stash, ribbon is from The Range, flowers are Prima and snowflakes are Dovecraft. 

Millie is the first grandchild of Pauline, one of my friends at work (yep, got more than one!) and this card will be winging its way to her shortly from her grandma.  It'll be a bittersweet Christmas - Millie's dad (Pauline's son) is in the navy and now away on a six month tour of duty so he will miss her first Christmas and the family will be missing him very much.

This is such an amazing sketch to work with and I hope you will all give it a go this week.  I'll do my best to pop round and see you all.  You will be stuck with me again as GDT next week so don't say you haven't been warned LOL!!

Before I scamper off, must just say sorry for being such a poor blog visitor over the past couple of weeks - things are all just getting a bit blarrrrrrrrgh at the moment, both at work and home - not touched any crafting for a week either - but come Christmas things should settle down again (or else) and I shall be back to popping in to check out your amazing creations.

Thanks for dropping by, always fab to see you
Hugs
Squirrel xx

15 comments:

Helen said...

Woo-hoo indeed Squirrel! Congrats on being chosen as a GD...it really is well deserved! :0)
Fabulous card hun...I love that snow family!
Helen x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card and fab news - so excited for you!!! Sorry to hear things are a bit stressful, same here at the mo! Hugs, Lisa x

Tracy said...

Well what an outstanding card, don't be nervous as you have made a gorgeous card and you've definately done the sketch justice.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pink Dandelion said...

Yeeeahh just popped onto the Sketch Saturday Blog and thought I know that name lol. Well done on your GDT spot it is well deserved and your card is fab. Have a great weekend. Hugs Debs xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Congratulations Squirrel
and your card is gorgeous,
hugs Dianne xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so adorable.
luv
Debby

Rachelsmum said...

Great news Squirrel and so well deserved, I've always admired your gorgeous cards. You've done a fab job with the sketch too, a lovely wintery and frosty card. Love the snowmen, they're so cute. Can't wait to see your next one.
Hope things calm down soon, big hugs xxsue

Uma said...

well done Squirrel, a fabulous card! so cute and well designed

Julye said...

Fab card squirrel and congrats with your cards you'll be fine , love the snow family any child would love it. Julye

Saskia said...

Congratulations! Lovely card!!

Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! BIRD!! brilliant news! and a really cute and lovely card hunny! Brilliant! just brilliant! hope to join in sooooon! :0)

Jackie said...

What a gorgweous card and I do love that stamp :o)
Jackie xx

Louise said...

stunning card and look forward to seeing the rest this month.
louise xx

Pauline C said...

Woo hoo Squirrel! Well done on the GDT spot and well deserved. This card is just darling - fab image and gorgeous colouring. I know what you mean about work being blaaargh!! hun .... I am being a very naughty blogger too this past 2 weeks
hugs
pauline x

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Squirrel :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...