WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 28 August 2021

The Walrus, The Polar Bear, And The Penguin (DT) Dies To Die For

Hello peeps, sorry I was MIA for my DTDF post last week, I was laid low by a rather unpleasant bug, which knocked me off my feet for four days.  Still not 100% but am getting there.

Anyhoo, today's offering reminds me of a joke

A penguin walks into a pub.  He goes to the bar and says to the landlord
"Have you seen my brother?"
The landlord looks at him, scratches his head, thinks for a minute, and asks
"I'm not sure, what does he look like?"

Sooooooooo, on to today's make then


And the lovely things used are

The image is painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and fussy cut - I don't know if there even was a die  issued for this stamp but, if there was, I don't have it, so back to the trusty scissors and the craft knife for the nooks and crannies.

I was a bit frugal with the papers as there are only 2 sheets of each design in the pad, and they are all so lovely, so I was a miser and only used one - I did the technique of cutting from the centre of the sheet so I had my mini matting layer and a hollowed out bottom layer - I "patched" the hole (slight overlap) with the white card.  I'm not sure which stitched dies I used for the white, but I think it might have been my Crealies set.

Hmmmm, I've not had a Penguin in ages, but I know where there is a stash of dark mint Kit-Kat

Hugs










2 comments:

Annette said...

What's black & white and red all over?
The penguin in the pub blushing from his groan-worthy joke!
Love the card Petal. One of my fave images.
Pop a stamp on it and save it for me for Dec 25.
xx

Lee said...

Love this cheery lil card,makes me smile sooo darn cute.Love the joke.So sorry you have been poorly,wishing you better very soon.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...