WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 5 September 2009

Sketch Saturday DT Application



Over on the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog there is a search on for a new DT member and although I'm still very new to blogging and challenges I thought I've give it a try.

Ingredients for card are:
Sketch Saturday Challenge DT Sketch (rotated 90 degrees)
Penny Black Stamp "T.L.C"
Lots of Bazzil card for the base (7x7) and matting and layering - I chose autumnal colours as we married in September and the leaves were then starting to turn.
Papermania heart print paper punched with Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch
Dovecraft male paper
Sentiment from Personal Impressions
Brown and orange self adhesive ribbons from stash

I coloured the image with watercolour paints, still my favourite method for getting depth and tone - here's a close up



I have no idea whether this will be up to SSC's very high standards but if not, at least I tried and have also made our Wedding Anniversary card in the process!

Thanks for popping over for a look.

Squirrel x

13 comments:

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous hun, fab colour combo, such a cute image which you have coloured perfectly. Good luck hun xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun this is just stunning love the colours and the gorgeous image, just trying to catch up with all my buddies, thanks for your good wishes dear they really help
Hugs Jacqui x

Cathy said...

Stunning Squirrel!!
Good luck with the DT - you are a fabulous crafter!.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card. I love hedgehogs. Great colouring. Lovely papers too. Kathleen x

Shelly said...

Lovely card Squirrel, I just love this PB image! Good Luck with the DT! Shelly xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous hun! fabulous anniversary card - the image is adorable! Actually you should enter it into this week's PBSC as it would fit perfectly :-)
Hugs
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!! love the layout and colours! good luck with the DT try out too :0)

Jackie said...

Funny, I could have sworn I had commented on this last night! Call it a senior moment. Maybe I commented on DC, not here LOL
Anyway, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

Awww...this is so sweet Squirrel - Toad will love it!
Helen x
PS - good luck with the DT call!

Manda said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Who'd have thought autumnal colours could look so pretty? It's superb and your use of shadow and light in your image is amazing as usual. Good luck sweet xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel,
Hugs Dianne xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous :)

Jo said...

Ohhhhh! that's beautiful! love your colouring.
Thank you & Good luck!

Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...