WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 16 November 2014

Overwhelmed

A month ago, two of my dearest crafty buddies got together and plotted and schemed.  I won't name anyone as I don't want to embarrass them but I was so overwhelmed by their kindness.  When we lost Vince we were faced with a big vet bill.  I had only a few days before placed a large crafty order so I emailed asking if it could be cancelled as the money was needed for the vet.  So, that was all sorted out.  A week later, I reordered a small part of the original order, with the intention of going back and completing the order a few items at a time.

So you can imagine my surprise (that has to be an understatement) when my smaller order arrived, together with another package from the same company.  I thought at first there had been an enormous mistake and that my original order wasn't cancelled after all - and then I found the note.  And I cried.  A dear and loving friend (who is more special than I could ever say) had gone into cahoots with the store owner, and between them had sent the rest of my order.  There were a lot of tears.  I am a very emotional little squirrel - but they were happy tears, and shocked tears, and full of love tears.  

There are times when friends can take you so totally by surprise that it takes your breath away.

This was made with one of the stamps in my order for one of the two naughty pixies - I am still planning something for the other one.


This is Callista Loves To Craft from Stamping Bella
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers are from Crafters Companion
Pearls from stash
Scalloped edged dies are Tonic
Sentiment is Paper Smooches

Like a numpty I forgot to take a photo of the inside which is another Paper Smooches sentiment
from the same set which says
Thank you from the bottom of my [he]art

So, to the two naughty pixies (you know who you are) - I love you!

Hugs, Squirrel xx

I rediscovered some photos of Vince on the external hard drive so thought I would share these two with you.  It was a very sunny day and he was lounging about on the carpet in a patch of sunshine from the front window.  Toad grabbed his camera and got down there with him.  Vince didn't bat an eyelid but happily posed for several shots.  I think he knew how handsome he was.









25 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,a fabulous image and design.xxx

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you Squirrel, aren't crafters just the nicest people on the planet?!! I bet it was a huge "pick me up" after such a horrid time. Such a great card too but not as great as those wonderful photographs of your darling boy though xx

Janice said...

So lovely to read, true friends indeed! Great card and some super shots of Vince, Jx

Kathyk said...

What lovely friends you have you lucky thing - treasure them

Kathyk

The Little Stamper said...

What a lovely story Squirrel and wonderful to know that something good came out of something so sad. I am sure you will have a 'warm' feeling every time you use your surprise crafting stash :-)

Sharon x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

You are such a lovely Squirrel and give so much, I am so happy you have such wonderful friends around you x
Fab card too, btw xx

Helen said...

Awww...aren't crafty friends just the best?! This has given me the warm & fuzzies xxx
Love the photos of gorgeous Vince x
Helen x

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

wonderful! and it's so nice that there are people who care... same happened to me when my hubby lost his job and we had to cope with very little money for two years while he went back to school to do another job training as old folks carer... i was in a crafting forum at the time and all of a sudden there were parcels arriving with crafting stuff and lovely cards. and yes, it is an overwhelming feeling, but it helped so much just to know that there is more than all those worries...
hugs to you!
mickymunchkin

KT Fit Kitty said...

AW, those are lovely friends to do that for you! And even more touching after you lost your fur-baby. Vince was a beautiful boy- I am a huge cat lover myself. So sorry for your loss. The card you made is adorable!

Alison59 said...

How blessed you are to have such wonderful friend x A beautiful card and gorgeous photos of a handsome Vince xx

Sue said...

Awwwww Squirrel, you are so lovely that I am not surprised you have such kind and thoughtful friends. It warmed my heart to hear what they did for you and your card is gorgeous with such stunning colouring.
Your photos of Vince are so beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Big hugs Sue xx

Whisper said...

Aaah reading your fabby story has just made me choked and i have a tear in my eye and what lovely friends too, and what a fabby card to send one of them too, Luv Sam x

Christy Beans said...

Crafty friends ARE the best friends! And you deserve it, you crazy wonderful big-hearted fabulous Squirrel. My life is much better with you in it and I'm glad others feel the same. Mwah to them and hugs to you. Now, here's a tissue. Your ink will run if it gets wet. ;) XO, Beansie

Chrissy said...

True friends Squirrel..just true friends.Gorgeous sweet card and love the photos of the boy..lovely memories..

luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Awww how very kind, that brought tears to my eyes and I bet I know who one of those kind ladies is. Gorgeous sweet card and lovely pics of your handsome boy x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel, fab image and papers.
How wonderful to have such fabulous friends.
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What lovely couple of crafting friends you have sweetie. You have done them proud with this card you have made.
Thank you so much for sharing these lovely photos of your lovely sweet Vince.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxx

ginny c said...

That is so lovely what wonderful friends you have beautiful pictures of Vince (found some yesterday of our lab milly who died few months ago one is quite funny as she has her chair and daisy our springer decided she wanted to sit in there milly had other ideas got in there sat on her)

Mary J said...

What great friends you have Squirrel! And your card is fab - love that colourway!

Vince is so beautiful, I am sure you miss him still.

Jackie said...

Aren't friends wonderful, where would we be without them. A gorgeous card and lovely photographs of Vince...hugs
Jackie xx

MarkerGeek said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, and gorgeous pictures of Vince. xx

Annette said...

It just goes to show how special you are, to affect people that you've never met so profoundly. I have a few prickles of tears in my eyes too at reading this (if my colleagues ask, then I'm blaming the red eyes on hay-fever though, irrelevant of the pollen count in November, OK!).

Your card is gorgeous honey, I love the image. And Vince looks gorgeous in his modelling poses. Lovely boy.
Hugs hugs
Annette
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How wonderful to be loved so much, you are one lucky lady.

The card is perfect and I'm sure she will be thrilled with it.

As for Vince - yes he was a handsome cat and loved very much.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awwwww.... I love the photo of the upside down Vince. I love upside down kitties.

Such a sweet story about your special friends taking care of you!

Also, I'm so sorry to hear about Vince, your furry soul mate. So sad.

Kat W said...

This made me smile and go 'awwww' so many times, for the lovely crafty surprise you got (and so deserved), for the beautiful card you made and for the photos of super gorgeous Vince :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...