WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 11 July 2020

Birthday Bear (DT) Dies To Die For

Morning all (just)!  Today's lateness is easily explained, I had a surprise visit from a friend who was dropping off a birthday present, and as we haven't seen each other since March we had a socially distanced catch-up in the front garden.  It must have been entertaining for the neighbours as friend has quite a distinctive laugh, bless her.  It was certainly good to see her, and the urge for hugs was huge, but we were both very well behaved.

And on the theme of birthdays, Facebook asked me if I would like to do a fundraiser for my upcoming day - a bit eager I thought, as it was then still a week away, but what the heck.  I chose to raise funds for Cats Protection and I cannot say a big enough thank you to all who have donated so far, it's only been up for two days and I am already only £11 off target.  It would be lovely to burst that target into tiny pieces and benefit all those cats and kittens who so desperately need help.

Also on the theme of birthdays....


Lovely things used

The bear and the bird are separate stamps in the set (don't look too closely or you'll see the join) but they work so brilliantly well together!

All painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers).  The purple matting layer is just white card edged with a Copic - it was the closest match I could get to the Wilted Violet DI used on a couple of the bunting flags.

Anyhoo, that is me done for today so I am off to fry some sausages!

Hugs




3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolute joyful card Squirrel.
Take care
Faith x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card. You’ve created a cute little scene.
Deborah

Annette said...

A beautiful card, and I love that bear! So glad you had a lovely catch up with your friend. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...