WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 28 October 2018

Halloween or Autumn Colours (DT) AYLI

I am a few days late with my DT make for the AS YOU LIKE IT CHALLENGE because numpty here had managed to get the themes in a muddle and thought that the next one was this one!

So, you probably know by now that the theme is Halloween or Autumn Colours, so no need for me to tell you all over again.

I don't make many Halloween cards but I do love the combination of the colours traditionally used, orange, purple, green, and black,  So this make is a non-Halloween card but using those colours.
Unfortunately, my choice of strong background colours against the softness of her wings has totally confused my camera, and I had a real challenge trying to get a half decent pic, this one is the best of a bad lot I'm afraid.  Even the magic of PixLR wasn't able to get a reasonable balance, so big apologies, honestly, she is much prettier in real life.



So I have used
CC Designs: Butterfly Twila
Joanna Sheen Signature Edger die
Watercolour and Ombre backing papers from Hobbycraft
Black card from PDA Card & Craft

Twila is painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Polychromos Pencils,

Not one of my best, but hey, can't be a winner all the time (cough cough)!

Hugs to all

1 comment:

Annette said...

Well your shading is a winner and I like the ombre of the backgrounds. The little pop of black is a winner too. I like that you've also photographed it on a matching background!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...