WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 8 September 2018

Dies To Die For (DT) Furever Friends

Hello everyone, I'm here today with a double dose of some furriness to share with you.

Now, we all love our friends, but how may of us take the time to tell them we do?  I really enjoy making random friendship cards, those ones for no particular reason but just because, and this super cute stamp set is perfect for that.


So for this one I have used

and because I was having so much fun


again the

Both cards are painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers) as watercolours but rather than use my
usual Bristol Board this time I have pushed the boat out and used proper watercolour paper.
I normally stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black, which dries really fast on the BB, but the trick with watercolour paper is to plan ahead and stamp one day and paint the next, it gives the ink a chance to dry properly and stops it bleeding into your colours when you get it wet.

I've been asked about the clouds using the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil - I do these with Distress Ink Oxide Broken China - I used to do it with my finger, but found it was too mucky and I was getting blue ink in places no squirrel ever wants to find it, so I experimented with a few things and, after some trial and error, I have found that for me the Tsukineko Finger Daubers are the best thing EVER!

The background paper on the second card is from an old Papermania pad that was purple and green themed.  This "sunburst" design is the last page of that pattern, which is a shame.

Hugs to all

(new releases from MFT and Stamping Bella now available guys!)


3 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love the super cute images.xxx

Annette said...

O.M.G!!!!!! And the sentiment is soooo true. xx

Sue said...

absolutely gorgeous colouring Squirrel, I love these!...xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...