WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 25 March 2017

Mouse With Rose (DT) Dies To Die For

Hello chaps, it is the weekend (yay) and Spring really does seem to have sprung now, at last!  We have a busy weekend ahead, what with Mother's Day tomorrow, Church twice, the start of the 2017 Formula 1 season (yippee!) and I have some special design work to get on with.  So without more ado, here is my make for the DIES TO DIE FOR blog today.


All the linked ingredients are available from the
Dies To Die For on-line store - the links will take you to the right pages

Image painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and I used the off-the-page technique
with the rose.  It proved a little tricky with the double-stitched die but I got there
in the end
Heart punch from the bargain bin at Hobbycraft

I have made this for my Oldies' wedding anniversary for this coming Tuesday.
A little while ago I had a phone call from my dad, it isn't often he will make a call so I was a little concerned, but I had to have a chuckle.
Dad:  You know what this year is?
Me:  Yes dad, it's 2017.
Dad:  Me and your mum have been married 60 years.
Me:  No, you haven't.
Dad:  We have.
Me:  No dad, you really haven't.  It's 58.
Dad:  Are you sure?
Me:  Yes dad, you got married in 1959, that's 58 years.  You have 2 years to go.
Dad:  Oh bugger.
😕

Bless his little heart.  But it did give me the opportunity to remind him that it might not be an 0 anniversary, but it is an 0 birthday for my mum.  He was grateful that I had mentioned it, and asked me to remind him again nearer the time!

Hope you have a super weekend, whatever you are up to

Hugs, Squirrel xx



7 comments:

Lisa xx said...

ooh this is sooo sweet, the wee gingham hearts look fab, and once again your colouring is looking perfect!

have a lovely weekend xx

Unknown said...

Aww this is so cute!! Beautiful card!
Hehe bless you're dad! Most men just completely forget though so atleast he was thinking about it! Lol
Lucy x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous and pretty creation Squirrel. You did make me smile reading your conversation with your Dad.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Curly said...

This is so gorgeous and could this be any cuter, amazing colouring Mrs S.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Bridget xx

Annette said...

Poor dad. He'd better not forget mum's birthday now, but at least he remembers when the anniversary is, even if not how many there have been. I had to buy Paul a wooden plaque with our anniversary date so he doesn't forget it. So now he just forgets my birthday instead. :0)
I love your meecy image, I've tried to colour this one and now how challenging that flower is with all the flowers, but you've nailed it. Looks adorably cute and I'm sure mum and dad will love it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card, I'm sure "the oldies" will love it. Super dies, love the colours.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Aww..... so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...