WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 18 March 2017

Happy Bird-Day (DT) Dies To Die For

Happy Squirrel day everyone!

Well, it's not Squirrel day, it's Saturday, but that's the same thing in my book (grins), especially as it is my day to showcase over on the DIES TO DIE FOR blog


The linked products are all available on the Dies To Die For store
and the extras used are
Tonic layered circle dies
A small star punch and a corner punch that I used to nibble away at
the sentiment panel to give a rustic look
Image painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)

As you can probably see, this is one of those odd shaped cards - I marked out the circle from
mid-line in pencil and then carefully cut with a knife so that half the circle overlaps the
inside of the card, which is where the contrast paper layer is, so I got the circle shape without
adding an extra layer

It's the first time I've tried this and I really like the effect, it just gives a CAS
card that something extra without being cluttered with other stuff but I could really do with
practising my knife skills!

I'm off for a tail colour and trim at lunchtime, and then it will be an afternoon of
clipping back shrubbery in the back garden.  I would be much happier sat
with a paintbrush in my paw

Have a super day, whatever you are up to

Hugs, Squirrel xx


6 comments:

Dora said...

Beautiful card and what a cute, funny bird. Fantastic

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great technique Squirrel. Cutting is fine from where I sit. Very cute. It is a shame you couldn't take the shrubbery with you while at the hairdressers and get both jobs done in one. Lol!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever cutting, must try and remember that. Love the image and card.
Faith
x

Chrissy said...

Indeed this is a Happy Birdday card and he is very cute..fabulous colouring and love your card design Squirrel..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning card love the stamp and your circle idea it looks amazing. I also love that double stitched die so pretty. Sigh more for my wish!! list Love and hugs Caorle x

Annette said...

Fab card hun, and every day should be Squirrel day in my book. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...