WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 29 August 2020

Rain or Shine (DT) Dies To Die For

I'm here today, with another little sprinkle of Birdie Brown!

It's my dear mum's birthday the week after next (no danger of her seeing this, she doesn't have internet out in the wild end of Suffolk).  Because she is a garden lover, her passion is so weather dependent, so if she had a rainbow umbrella she'd be set for rain, or as a sunshade.



Ingredients used:

Images coloured with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens and Distress Inks (ReInkers).

It's been a funny old week.  I have been working right through lockdown from the back bedroom/study and initially I really struggled with it.  However, somewhere along the line my mind adjusted and I have been relatively content, especially as the commute to and from work has been so short.  This week we had been told that our department will be returning to the office soon, and I admit it, my anxiety kicked into overdrive.  Am I really so scared to go out there again?  Actually, yes, I am terrified.  I know I need to get it into perspective, and this county has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, but that doesn't stop these irrational feelings of fear and trepidation.  I simply do not want to be mixing with people again!  I know that once I have actually done it, I will feel a bit better about things, but honestly, there are several sleepless nights coming up!

Anyhoo, enough of my ramblings, off you go and enjoy your weekend.

Hugs




2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your Mum is going to LOVE this card, so pretty and bright. Love the grass effect with the wood effect. Isn't it funny how we have become used to isolation? We only go shopping every other week now and that is it, no outings otherwise and I see that people aren't using masks in the shops etc. (It's not mandatory in Wales!) That makes me feel insecure about things.
Keep safe.
Faith x

Annette said...

Your mum'll love it, it's amazing how that wood grain actually looks like grass too! Don't worry about going back hun, you'll soon think you've not been away at all. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...