WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 13 August 2020

As You Like It Challenge (DT) Pink Plus One

Hello chaps, hope you are all ok this rather "warm" Thursday.  When I say warm, I do mean chuffin' hot, it's averaged 33C for the last week, and I have just about reached the end of my tether with it!

Anyhoo, you didn't come here for me to rant about a heatwave, so let me tell you about the new challenge over at AS YOU LIKE IT.

Our theme for this challenge is a colour theme - we would like to see PINK PLUS ONE (the plus one is your choice of main colour, but please explain).

I've perhaps paired my pink with a slightly unexpected colour, and have chosen brown.  The reason why is that pink and brown together remind me so much of the "mallow cones" that our local cake shop used to sell, and they were always a treat for special occasions - an ice-cream cone, filled with pink mallow, dipped in chocolate at the top, and covered with sprinkles.  A blast from the past, although if you hunt far enough, you can still find them!


I've used a real assortment of products:
MFT Stamps - Friends Furever
MFT DieNamics Hugs dies
MFT Stitched Blooms dies
Sunny Studio 6x6 papers from stash
Distress Inks (ReInkers)

The sponsor for this challenge is LOTV (digi images - the new Christmas ones are released this week)

Hugs




4 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,a great colour combination.xxx

Elaine Stark said...

This combo works very well. A very cute card. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your colour combo, this is such a lovely card Squirrel. Rant away about the heat, it doesn't last long LOL. it's 19C here today with rain!
Faith x

Annette said...

It reminds me of strawberry and chocolate - a lovely combination! Love the sweet bear. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...