WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 11 April 2019

As You Like It Challenge (DT) Favourite Animal

So, here we are at Thursday, crumbs they come around fast, anyone would think that
we get one at least once a week.  What do (alternate) Thursdays mean?  Of course they do, it's
a new challenge with the AS YOU LIKE IT crew!

The theme for this fortnight is Your Favourite Animal (and why).

I am a huge animal lover, and if it is furry it has a place in my life.  I have shared many more years than I care to count with cats, and on a day-to-day domestic level I wouldn't choose anything else, BUT if I could then it would have to be Sciurus vulgaris, the Eurasian Red Squirrel.  They are such endearing little chaps, and as a rare native British squirrel, they deserve a lot of love and care to ensure the survival of their species in this country - it would fill my heart with joy to see a glimpse of red amongst the tree branches


and the matching die set

I had a happy Sunday afternoon colouring up the squiddles with Distress
Inks (ReInkers) used as watercolours

and the sponsor for our animal theme is



Hugs to all



5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

A no brainer for you surely, these are so cute

Elaine Stark said...

Super choice. Red squirrels are by far the cutest. Elaine

Annette said...

Of course it had to be squiddles! Love these cuties! (hope Rosie isn't too jealous!) xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I wonder why you would choose a squirrel? Ah! of course I know why 'cause those little red squirrels are enough to send us all rushing to see them. I wish I had seen one in real life.
A Fabulous card Squirrel.
Faith x

Sarah said...

Fabulous squirrels...had to be!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...