WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 30 June 2012

Less Is More - Lucky Dip

Sadly I missed out on last week's LESS IS MORE challenge as I was too busy to have any craft time at all and then our internet broke so that rather scuppered plans.  But I am back to play with the new challenge which is Lucky Dip and the LIM Ladies have asked us to be inspired by the challenge header!

Here is the header


And here is my card


I've used LOTV corners, a Hero Arts sentiment and Hero Arts butterflies, all stamped in dark brown rather than harsh black.  Matted onto a page of Basic Grey.

And now it is time to tell you why my bus was late on Thursday morning - it is making me laugh just thinking about it again - put your drink down, I don't want you to spill anything ..... right, are you ready for this .....
TROUT
I kid you not, it was trout on the duel carriageway, and we hadn't even had rain, a lorry had lost it's load on a roundabout which happened to be on the bus route.
There were a few close-ish guesses but the first one in that mentioned livestock was Victoria of Furry Tale Cards & Crafts - email me hun so I can get your details to send you a little something.
Thank you to everyone who took part in this silliness

Hugs, Sxx

32 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Trout!! could never have imagined that!!
Love the elegant card
Lisa x

Sonia said...

Ah ah ah ah!!! Make me smile!
Hugs,
Sonia

Chrissy said...

I knew there was something fishy about your question..lol..gorgeous card, when I looked at the inspiration photo before scrollng down, my mind was totally blank..then up comes your card...wonderful Squirrel, you nailed it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Claire said...

Lovely card has an elegant feel about it hun. LOL I wouldn't have guessed trout at all!!! Hugs, Claire x

Kathyk said...

TROUT!?! Good Grief, who'd have thought it!

Your lIM card is fab too btw

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful CAS card have a good weekend big hugs.... oh my a Trout, lol Jo xxx

Julie said...

lolol! TROUT!!!! glad I hadn't got a mouthful of coffee!
You are so clever S, that's one perfect card for the challenge me thinks!.x

Viv said...

Trout.... for goodness sake!!!!
A gorgeous CAS card!! x

Doreen said...

Oh I love what you have done here....fabulous.xxx

Sue said...

a stunning card Squirrel, love the design
How on earth did I not manage to guess at trout!
Sue

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Squirrel! I'd never have guessed trout lol :P

Tags xx

GinaA said...

A super card I love the LOTV corners. Must try using 'trout' as an excuse next time I'm late for something, don't think anyone would believe me though!!

Kat said...

Loving your card Squirrel, great take on the theme.

I would never have thought about fish being the reason your bus was late!!

Kat xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Less is more, now you know that scares me. You do it so well though and this is gorgeous. Hope you have an unfishy weekend.

Victoria said...

And there was me messing around mentioning livestock! :D

Absolutely love your LiM card. The perfect balance of neutrals and such gorgeous flourishes!

Pauline C said...

Stunning elegant card Squirrel ... perfect composition for the LIM challenge. ...and what was that about an old trout ??lol!!??!! It's a strange world we live in, sure 'nuff!! tee hee!
Hugs
Pauline x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous! Love the corner stamp and not a fish in sight!! LOL
Lorraine x

Zippy said...

Lovely card hun, so elegent and I do like the dark brown, fab. xxx

Carole said...

Love the corners Squirrel and the dark brown does tend to soften the look. Awesome card!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous hun! Love the corners and fab sentiment. Lol at the fish incident... trust you to be there for that ;o) Hugs, Lisa x

Pink Dandelion said...

TROUT..... flippin' trout. I'd never have guessed with a hundred guesses lol. Super card S. Great take on the challenge. Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

A very elegant card Squirrel, I love those stamped corners.
Kevin xx

Curly said...

Wow this is very elegant S, I love the swirls ,
Have a lovely weekend
Gs Bridget :0) x

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel, love the cas design.

Donna x

Jackie said...

Wonderful CAS card Squirrel. I did chuckle when I read what stopped your bus :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

simpply stunning squirrel.perfect thinking of you card.
lol to the trout.i would never have guessed that one.

xx coops xx

Uma said...

very elegant :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Noooo what a waste of fish! what a Haddock (headache) for the lorry driver and as for being late to work! I bet your boss raised his eyebrows to the excuse! thehhehee :0)

Suze Bain said...

Love those flourishes and the big sentiment. A fab card. xx

Kim S said...

Beautiful corners and the butterflies are the perfect little detail!!

Crealin said...

Hi sweetie,

you keep amazing me, gorgeous LIM-card!!!

Hugs,

Lins x

Linda said...

Gorgeous card as always. Love the trout story, gave me a right giggle this morning (lol) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...