WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 30 August 2014

Ellie Says Hi

It must be the time of year, as I have heard many others complaining that this virus has affected them too.  It seems to start mid July and last right through to the first week of September.  It's a really nasty germ too, it leaves you feeling very "meh" and limp.  No one has found the cause of it, or the cure, but it does seem to spontaneously vanish.  Of course I am talking about the dreaded "nomojoitis".

I've had my fair share of nomojoitis this year, so I was very happy when it suddenly decided to bugger off and leave me and my mojo alone, at least for a little while.

I had a glorious inky session with this card.


and even if I do have to say so myself, I think she's super!

Ok, so what I did was, stamp the image (Tiddly Inks - Ellie Says Hi) and then mask her with Eclipse masking paper, added the speech-bubble (can you believe it is a WH Smith Sticky Note?), and then got the Ink Duster brush out and got messy with Distress Inks, Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord.  Still with the masks in place, I stamped the swirls (free magazine stamp).
After peeling the masks off I stamped the Personal Impressions sentiment, and sat happily colouring up Ellie with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and Polychromos pencils.
A couple of matting layers of white card edged with ProMarkers and job done.

It seems like a good card to enter at

Hope you are having a super weekend
Hugs to all
Squirrel xx

20 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel. The image is adorable and I love the background too.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Tanya said...

Gorgeous Squirrel! Love it! I love when my mojo comes back, it's been gone for so long now!

Commissioned cards suck the mojo right out of me because I just end up using a tried-and-tested template and no thought or creativity goes into them, just trying to get it done in time and satisfy any ridiculous specifications comes into play hehe! ("tanya, i need a wedding card for tomorrow, and it has to be the best card you've ever made and I want it to tell the story of the couple's entire relationship" - no joke, that actually happened)

I love the swirls too, they're great! Must see if I can get my hands on some stamps like that hehe :D

T xx

Alison59 said...

Lovely colours Squirrel :-)

Jacki Daniels said...

What a gorgeous card love it glad you and your mojo have recovered

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Nomojoitis sucks, glad yours came back...must have as your card is awesome...love the background effect, clever clever...no not repeating my self just think you are clever.xxThe Journey is the Start

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY pretty and the swirls are great.

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card hun and love the swirls xxx

Sarah said...

Great job Squirrel, love that fab background xx

Annette said...

Love that background and how all three colours are in the inking, swirls and image :0) Those sticky notes are just fab. I've not used the speech bubbles yet, but the clouds have been used with my chalks and they're really great. Ellie's a real sweetie too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Squirrel. I love the sweet image and your inky background looks stunning.
I hope my Nomojoitis clears off soon too!
hugs Sue xx

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

great card, great background! :) sorry, haven't been around lately, as I was in hospital for three months. now I'm back online :) hugs to you! mickymunchkin

MarkerGeek said...

Fab! Love that background.

My mojo is only just making a reappearance after quite some time...

Dorte said...

Love the background you have used together with this little cutie, so creative,
hugs Dorte

Jackie said...

Som please you got your mojo back, I was missing you!
A very sweet image and a fabulous card, I love your inky background :o)
Jackie xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Hey Squizz. Just wanted to stop by and say Luuuuuurve this card x

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.i love the sweet image and your inky background is fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab inky design, love the cute image... glad the mojo's back, it's no fun trying to create without it! Hugs, Lisa x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Whoo! All that masking! Great job with it though. I love the colors and the swirls. I would have guessed that was a background you put your image on.

thecraftycavalier said...

Oooh, I love that background - you are a very clever pup! I love the swirls - you'll have to come and give me a masterclass - I am super impressed. Love that image too. Mwah, jayne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...