WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 29 December 2013

Hello Again!

Blimey, it feels like ages since I have posted anything ..... did you all have a good Christmas then?  I hope none of my UK blogging friends have been affected too badly by the horrible storms we have had over the past ten days.  We are fine here, we are high and on sandy soil so any rain simply drains away, but I know there are many who have not been so fortunate.  

We had a wonderfully relaxed Christmas Day, and a fun day with my parents on Boxing Day - mum might be in her late 70s now but she can still do a really mean roast dinner!  And I was lucky enough to receive lots of lovely crafty goodies in my stocking, including the new LOTV baby stamps (some of those to come in the not too distant future) and a Xyron Creative Station!  Thank you Mr Toad.  And thanks to some special bloggy pals who also sent crafty gifts which have been very much appreciated.

And because I must have been such a good girl in 2013 (!), I have had several thank you cards to make.  I had not been near the craft room for several days so it was bliss to get stuck in for a while this afternoon.  Here are a couple of simple cards that I made before I lost daylight.


Unlike me to do elegant!
I used a Hero Arts sentiment for the main focus on a
Nestabilities Gromit Tag.  The centre of the tag I inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Then I embossed the frame through my Grand Calibur using an ornate Nestabilities die
and finished off with three simple retro flowers with Card Candy centres


And these cheeky little chaps are Tiddly Inks birds
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
I am pretty sure that the picket fence die is MFT Die-namics but I have lost the packet
Papers are Nitwits/LOTV Perfect Pair
And a Personal Impressions sentiment stamped on the squint

I'm not back to work until 2nd January so I still have three days to play, which I intend to do!

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx



13 comments:

Christina said...

These are really beautiful cards Squirrel!
Hugs Kristel

sallysbitz2 said...

Two wonderful Thank-you cards x

Glad to hear you had a fab Christmas and that 2014 brings you everything you wish for x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Donna Mosley said...

Two gorgeous cards Squirrel, love them both.

Donna x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had fun and got some crafty goodies. Two gorgeous cards, love the birds especially

Sue said...

So pleased that you had a good Christmas Squirrel and that you have some fabulous new goodies to play with.
Your cards are gorgeous, I love the elegant embossed frame on your first card and fabulous cute image on your second card.
Wishing you all the best for the New Year.
hugs Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Two gorgeous cards hun, I do love these little birds... reminds me, I only used mine once! Hugs, Lisa x

Sarah said...

Two great cards Squirrel, love the simplicity of the first and the adorable little birds on the second!! Have fun playing with your new stash! xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards Squirrel, good to see you back :o)
Jackie xx

Mau xx said...

Great cards Squirrel, Glad you had a fab Christmas. Promise to be a better blogger in 2014..if family (sis) health allows...lol hope to get back to the challenge :o)
Wishing you a great 2014 good health and happiness. xx
Hugs Mau xx

Annette said...

Aww these are gorgeous Squirrel. Glad you had a lovely Xmas.
Hugs
Annette
xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So glad you had a great Christmas with lots of goodies. Also glad you are safe after the nasty weather. I got a I pad and lots of craft goodies. had my birthday and Christmas prezzies all on Christmas Day. Nothing to look forward to on the day now!!!!!
Your thank you cards are gorgeous.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like the birds card the best, so sweet. I must say that the top card is quite nice but it isn't your style at all. You must have been channeling someone else when you made it.

coops said...

both so gorgeous squirrel.your designs are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...