WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 1 February 2014

Picture The Scene

Happy Saturday everyone, and cheerio January!  What a grotty month that has been, but February is starting with a little promise as we have beautiful sunshine today, even if it is a tad windy.

Last night on the other hand.  Good grief.  Rain had been forecast, and by crikey the forecaster got it right.  Sweeping in from the west after dark.  Yep, it certainly did that.  And my lift home was otherwise engaged so I had to battle with public transport.  So, picture the scene if you will.  Howling gale, torrential rain, an office promotional golf umbrella, and a small squirrel.  If anyone had a camera they would have been guaranteed the £250 from You've Been Framed.

I made it onto the bus, with only a moderate struggle, but getting off again at this end the wind was behind me.  The umbrella is huge, and I'm 5'3".  So it was a little bit like windsurfing but without the sea.  Along one stretch of road I was actually being forced to jog along.  It was either that or take off I suspect.  And of course the brolly only covers so much, and when I finally made it to the front door (I had to plan carefully the point of crossing the road in case I was blown past and into the cul-de-sac), I had cold water running down my legs and into my shoes.  I went to get changed into something warm and left my trousers steaming on a radiator!

Anyhoo, today is better, and for so many reasons.  
  1. It's Saturday
  2. It's the weekend
  3. I'm not at work
  4. I can play
And play I have.  Totally Papercrafts are asking for CAS cards this time, and you know I love my CAS!


Stamp is LOTV James Butterflies
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers are all from the same Papermania Capsule Collection
(thank you Netty)
Sentiment is also LOTV
Gold edged rope border is from stash
MFT DieNamics Banner Stax dies

I love how this simple use of two papers can add interest to a CAS card without cluttering it, and regular readers will know that it is a layout I use a lot.

Hope you are having a super day

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx




21 comments:

Tanya said...

Haha, funny story Squirrel! I'm really tall but really skinny so I tend to get blown around a lot too, I've given up on using umbrellas when it's windy, cos I've long since accepted the fact that I'll get very wet anyway :P

Gorgeous card though, very summery and James is so cute :D

Tags xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hope you have dried out now Squirrel, I love your little stories. Gorgeous CAS creation sweetie.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Claire said...

Just adorable and love your pretty pink papers. Hugs, Claire x

Sarah said...

Sooo sweet Squirrel and the papers are fabulous. A wonderful James image and beautifully painted xx

Julie said...

Oh Squirrel, you have
Me smiling,I will be glad when this rotten weather is over! I thought like you that today's sunshine was
Lovely but oh dear, was it cold and now torrential rain AGAIN! I love you super cute image, you've made the perfect card to show it off a treat. Enjoy your crafty time, Julie x

Joey said...

LOVE the scene lol. Your card is fabulous :) Joey xx

Debbie said...

Super card S, with adorable image and beautiful papers. debbiex

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, you do CAS so well. Adorable image and pretty papers, what more could anyone ask for.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Oh dear!! Hope you are dried out and enjoying your Saturday!
A gorgeous card. James looks fabulous and I love the pretty papers.

Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel. James is so sweet and beautifully coloured.

I can sympathise with your journey home. I'm only 5'3" too and I often get soaked walking the dogs. In the wind this week I'm glad that they're big Labradors - about 40kg each - as I think they keep me from blowing away!

Kat xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, love the very cute image and fab design.

Donna x

Mary J said...

So so sweet and beautifully coloured as usual Squirrel!

Wishcraft said...

I'm not laughing, honest ;o) Gorgeous card hun, fab colouring of sweet James and love these pretty papers too... I've got them, had forgotten all about them though! Hugs, Lisa x

Jackie said...

Delightful as always Squirrel :o)
Jackie xx

Annette said...

Love your card hun, of course James is GORGEOUS. Love him. And I'm glad you've made use of the papers. The pink on the image matches the papers perfectly.

I can picture your journey home, and know what you mean about taking off. I often think of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, where Pooh flies Piglet on his unravelling scarf! LOL At least it got you home faster, much better than fighting into the wind perhaps?

Hope this weather clears up soon. Our lawn is turning into a mud bath.

Have a fab Sunday
Hugs
Annette
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With your oh! so wonderful gift of description, I made that journey with you. I'm glad you got into something warm and cosy after it all.

I love this card, and yes CAS it is, just great.

Kat W said...

Well, I hope your tail is all dried out now and that you have had a lovely weekend!
I love your sweet CAS design and more James? You are spoiling us!
Big hugs, Kat x

Debs said...

Fab card, fab LO, fab image, fab colouring and totally fab story :o)
Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
Debs xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such a sad tale of a soggy squirrel. You are lucky you didn't go flying. Sweet CAS card and I agree with you completely that a wee bit of pattern never hurt a CAS card. In this case the two patterns together are divine.

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous, fab CAS card..Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.fab pretty paper and i love sweet james :D
i am not much taller than you, only 5ft 4inches and i went to work last friday with my brolly and it turned inside out and then twisted in every direction.there was no saving it.lol
oops and sorry i`ve just realized i did not answer your text regarding the book.so sorry.i have not read that one though.



x coops x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...