WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 5 November 2009

Cute Card Thursday + Papertake + Sketch Saturday (sort of)


Hello chaps, and Happy Thursday to you all! I am finally starting to feel as if I am getting better and am therefore much perkier, especially with this gorgeous November sunshine. Also had some fab-u-lous news this morning that I am very excited about but I will have to be good and wait a while before I can share that with you.

So, onto today's challenges! My first is for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge No 75

which I have combined with Cute Card Thursday No 75 which this week is Primary Colours. A bit of an issue here as I got a tad carried away with "adapting" the sketch and may have gone a little too far, and apart from that it should have had a Halloween theme but that's been and gone!

I used the wonderfully cute "Miss Zoe" from High Hopes stamps, Little Sizzlets Rainbow papers and some papers from stash. Miss Zoe is coloured with ProMarkers. The square sentiments are Personal Impressions.



Then I saw this super sketch from Papertake Weekly Sketch 27 and fell in love with it.


At this point I must offer my sincere and humble apologies to Janet at Pink Gem Designs for taking a liberty with Max and feminising him into a Maxine!

I used the very talented Janet's Max & Snowman stamp, coloured with ProMarkers, papers are errrrrm, the pink christmas ones ........!!

And, as always, my little furry helper has been on hand - no doubt encouraged by the lure of a warm radiator

Thanks for dropping by to see me this afternoon, it is always wonderful to have friends round!
Hugs
Squirrel xx

14 comments:

Edzia said...

Thanks for all the links to various challenges, you make really beautiful cards:) Hugs*

Marywka said...

beautiful!

Andrea, said...

Great cards, I love the bright primary colours and the cute i,age. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Squirrel, you have been busy again. Love this card. Janets stamps are fab. I am sure Max won't mind. Debs xx

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous cards - I think Max looks good in pink - who says men can't wear pink?

I'm very intrigued about you 'news'! How long do we have to wait???

Carol x

Tracy said...

Well both cards are so gorgeous, both are so cute. The colours on the first card are bright and cheerful, fab papers. The second is so pretty and another delicious image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy doing some lovely cards, they are both just wonderful, thanks for sharing them!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Squirrel
Both cards are gorgeous,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jackie said...

Brilliant pair of cards, especially the top one :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning creations squirrel x

Zippy said...

Great cards hun, love the colours, bright and cheerful! xxxx

Congrats on your news hun, very very proud of you! xxxx

Lori said...

Love your cards - so so cute!!!

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous hun - love this PG imaghe, and your soft colorus are really yummy - love it!
Pauline x

cats whiskers said...

What stunning creations here for us to feast our eyes on
Hugs Jacqui

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...