WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Friday 28 August 2009

Tilda & Edwin Get Married!

Hi All,

I've been having a browse through the challenges and this week's Cute Card Thursday - No. 75 - New Beginnings caught my eye.

My best friend's sister is getting married in a month and, I admit it, I have put off sitting down and making The Card. Wedding cards are such an easy thing to get wrong and I don't want to offend anyone! Anyway, this challenge has given me the push I need - the colour theme for the wedding is chocolate and cream:

Cute Card Thursday No 75 New Beginnings.



Ingredients:
Main image stamps are Magnolia - Tilda In Hat and Lucky Edwin - coloured with ProMarkers, mainly in Cinnamon and Ivory.
Tilda & Edwin are layered on Papermania Exquisite, layered on Dovecraft Masculine, layered on Little Sizzles Earth Tones, layered on Bazzil ivory card. I deckle cut the edges of the ivory card and swiped with Chestnut Roan Colorbox Fluid Chalk. The borders and text are peel-offs from stash.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this one.

Am also going to sneak it into the Just Magnolia Ribbons & Bows for this week!

Thanks
Squirrel xx

11 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely card - gorgeous colour combo!
Helen x

Zippy said...

Wonderful card sis, love the colours and perfect for a wedding. xxxx

Sharon said...

This is lovely. The colours are perfect for a wedding card and its a very elegant card.

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, wonderful sweet Tilda and Edwin, love the colours too.
luv
Debby

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous! They are so sweet!

Your colouring is perfect and the layout is fab :)


Huge thanks for my little rabbit in a cabbage - he hopped onto my doormat this morning :)

Carol x

Uma said...

brilliant, thanks for my card too

Lisa said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the colours and Edwin and Tilda are so sweet.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

fabulous card Squirrel. Much nicer than all those mushy traditional ones :)

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card. Love the soft colour combo.

Glenda

Unknown said...

Great use of these stamps!! Love the card. Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Sarah said...

What a sweet card, vintage looking almost with the soft colours.
xx :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...