WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 15 July 2021

Favourite Shape (DT) As You Like It Challenge

 So, here we are at Thursday again, so that means it is a new theme from the

This time around AYLI are asking for your Favourite Shape for a card
(but NOT a square or rectangle please)

Personally, I love squares and rectangles so I had a bit of a job with this one.  I cut circles and ovals, and weird shapes, but somehow none of them floated my boat (or would stand up) so I'm afraid I ended up with a rather predictable hexagon card.  I do like a good hexagon and use the shape a lot ON cards, but haven't made many AS cards.  I quite enjoyed it!


I have used:
Rodney from CC Designs
MFT Bitty Holiday Wishes sentiment set
Lawn Fawn 6x6 papers - Snow Day
MFT DieNamics Stitched Hexagon Stax

Rodders has been painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and I used a tiny bit of some thick and goopy white paint that I bought for his freckles.  His nose highlight is just bare paper.

And this is the FIRST of my Christmas cards made this year!

Our sponsor for this challenge is

Did you know that LOTV are doing stamps again?  Hurrah!  They have recently released two polymer stamp sets, one for the boys, and one with cupcakes and cute animals.  I had to have both, naturally, but hubby has bought me one of them for my birthday (grin).

Anyhoo, let's be hearing about your favourite shape for card base (that isn't a square or a rectangle)

Hugs



5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE love love this card Squirrel, great shape and image, so cute. I really should try more shaped cards.
Thanks for your lovely advice recently. mwah!
Faith x

R's Rue said...

Absolutely the cutest. Thank you for today’s smile.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

FABulous shape Squirrel and that little Deer is so adorable, gorgeous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

Love the shape of this card. Very pretty papers and cute image. Elaine

Lee said...

Love lil Rodders,so cute great colouring and shape of card.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...