WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 1 June 2019

Picture Perfect (DT) Dies To Die For

Good morning peeps!  I'm getting this in early, before it gets too hot and I wilt under a lettuce leaf.
Have you seen the forecast?  28C for here in the east, good grief, I am so glad that the tail is being tidied up and thinned out this afternoon!

Before I met Mr Toad, I lived on my own in a little terraced house quite close to the A12 (by quite close, I mean next to it) and because of the road I was loathe to have a cat at that house, but the house needed an animal so I had hamsters.  The first one was called Windle Poons, she was golden and white, and worked out how to pop her exercise ball open by ramming it into the edge of the kitchen door, and the second one was called Abby, she was a soft grey, and she was an escape-from-a-cage artist (ask my mother about the dining room carpet).  If I had been away for a weekend, a friend or willing relative would take custody of the critter-of-the-moment, but it was so hard to find a "thank you for looking after me" card - that problem has now been solved.  All I need now is a another hamster..... although it possibly wouldn't make a great housemate for Rosie!


To make this I have used:

Hamsters have been painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers).
The base layer of rainbow striped paper I picked up really cheaply in WH Smith, it's an A4 pad too!

That's me done, I'm off to load the washing machine to make the most of this awesome drying weather!

Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs




2 comments:

Annette said...

We've got our own escape artist at the moment. Love the hammy story and the card is adorable. I'm still loving those layered dies too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An adorable card, love the hamsters. Hope your Sunday is as good as your Saturday. It's pouring here!
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...