WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 15 December 2018

Warm & Feathered (DT) Dies To Die For

Morning all, Virtual Me this morning, the real me is sitting with gritted teeth at the hairdressers having a tail trim and colour.  Still, it will be the longest time I have managed to sit down for this week!

We are rapidly approaching the festivities and this card was made to send
to a very special friend


and the lovely things used were

I used a small punch for the little snowflakes but I could have used my

The background isn't clever inking, it is actually Neon Ombre Paper from Hobbycraft.
I used one of the Snow Drift dies as a guide to draw a faint pencil line where I wanted my horizon, then stamped the trees from the W&F set, then I cut and layered the snowdrifts up to, and slightly higher than, the pencil line.

Ozwald was painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) on Langton Hot Press Smooth watercolour paper.  Someone left me such a kind comment on the Lawn Fawn FB page the other day about how amazed they were by my colouring - they were convinced I had used Copics - and took some convincing that it was inks and a brush!

OK, that's me for today, once the tail is done, it is a case of braving the crowds to get some essential shopping for the Oldies, then popping over to see them, and then back home to
(a) get some cards written, and
(b) get some presents wrapped

The tree will have to wait until next weekend!

Hugs to all


3 comments:

Annette said...

OMW I LURVE Ozwald. He's so cute and your brushwork (not Copics) is GORGEOUS. Love the sky (even if you did cheat!). I need you to give him a map to fly down South West and I'll take good care of him (although it's a bit damp and blustery here today so maybe he'll need more than that scarf). Love him.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I adore the colours of this, the whole scene is fabulous. Let’s keep blogging alive by visiting more x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! what a delight, your friend will be thrilled I'm sure.
Faith
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...