WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 29 December 2018

Make Yourself At Home (DT) Dies To Die For

I don't know about you, but this bit between Christmas and New Year always leaves me scratching my head as to what day of the week it actually is, but the calendar says Saturday so it must be time for my DT post for Dies To Die For!

We are heading fast towards the New Year -  wow, January, won't that feel strange?
Anyhoo, after the frantic rush of Christmas makes, what comes next but thanks you's.


So, this sweet (or not so sweet as modelled on Rosie) little kitty was made with a whole lot of My Favorite Things ingredients

I used the Split Chevron die to make a stencil - as the lines between the blocks are quite fine, I wanted to use something sturdy that would withstand me daubing about with ink, so I used one of the MFT backing sheets that comes in the packets, the one with the logo on, because it is thickish and has a nice shiny finish.  I taped it over the card and gently sponged on Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Inks to give that soft but worn look.

I stamped the kitty, masked him, and over stamped the sofa, and both are watercolour painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers).  The rug was simply die-cut from patterned paper.

And that's it really, quite a simple looking card, but it did take me some time!

Whatever you are up to for your New Year celebrations, I hope you have fun
(just not too many fireworks please - Rosie is terrified)

Hugs to all


3 comments:

Deborah said...

Lovely card and the background is fab
Deborah

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the cute image and stencilled background--the days are like one whole week of Sundays!!!
Carol x

Annette said...

A lovely card hun, and give Princess Rosie a snuggle from me if there are too many fireworks. I'm sure that'll calm her nerves !!!! ;0) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...