WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 28 December 2015

Favourite Christmas Colours

Afternoon peeps!  I hope you managed to have a good Christmas - we did, it was so relaxing with it just being the two of us and Rosie on Christmas Day, and Rosie was so relaxed that she fell asleep in the middle of a Scrabble game, literally, right across the board!

Anyhoo, I'm here today with a late entry for the challenge over at As You Like It where you have to say what your favourite Christmas colours are and why.


Although I make a lot of traditional coloured projects at Christmas, I do really love being able to make non-traditional ones too, and my favourite colours are pink, purple and turquoise for these.  They still look festive but with extra pizazz!  Many of my makes are for girlfriends, so it's so nice to be able to feminise Christmas.

This little lady is Pollycraft's Snowflake
and she was just crying out for pink and purple
She's painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) and I went over the snowflake with a white Polychromos pencil to stop contamination with ink
Papers are from an old Papermania collection, and the sentiment is from one of those pages
A bit of fussy cutting and a custom sized card base
and she's done

You know that saying "as one door closes......", I have some news!  Can't share it just yet but will let you know as soon as I can.

Anyhoo, that's me for today, I am busy with DT work and fighting to keep Rosie off my craft bench.

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous festive inkiness Squirrel and I love the stamp. A perfect card for our colours challenge at AYLI too xx

Chrissy said...

She looks so pretty Squirrel in her pink..gorgeous colouring and love the papers.What a little cutie.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marie Bingaman said...

Pretty card, Squirrel, and best of luck keeping Rosie off your desk! LOL

Ruth said...

She is super cute and beautifully coloured as always. Love that patterned paper. Looking forward to hearing your news :) xx

Alison59 said...

How beautiful :-)
Sorry, I have been AWOL. Just caught up with your blog.
Many thanks for visiting my blogs this year.
Happy 2016 to you and your family xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful and simply elegant card Squirrel - I do love pink and white for Christmas cards - Michelle x

Annette said...

Now you're talking, you've picked my favourite colours too, and I love pink for Christmas. I am thinking I may need this image too now, she's adorable, and I love your shading, esp on her hat. I'm wondering what your news could be.... hmmm, I wonder.... ;0) Love yas.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining in with our Festive colours challenge at AYLI this week. I love the pinkiness of this gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image too.
Lorraine DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sue said...

Hi Squirrel, this is a beautiful card. Your colouring is exquisite and I love the paper you have used for your background.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2016.
Sue...xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pink, purple and turquoise is a great wintery color combination. you've done it up proud here!

Juls said...

Gorgeous! Love the pink colour tones xx

Delphine said...

Totally adorable and I LOVE your choice of pink - plus with shades of purple - a dream colour combo! Thank you for thinking of me and for your beautiful Christmas card - I have been much worse than you since I did not manage to send a single card this year :(!!! Hope to be better in 2016... Wishing you all the best for the New Year, with tons of happiness, me-time and CAS cardmaking time :) And congratulations on your DT news ;)!! BIG hugs sweetie! Delphine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...