WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 24 May 2014

By The Tips Of My Whiskers

Hello again!  I don't know how you do it, but when I am blog browsing during the week, I keep a little notebook beside me and jot down the challenges that I think I might like to enter - and it is always the theme that interests me, rarely the prize.  So when I was going back through my notes this morning I had a little panic when I realised that the current challenge at Tiddly Inks Challenge is about to end.  I do hate leaving things until the last minute, but I was determined to enter.


And I guess it was because I was all flustered, but it took three attempts to make this one small and simple card!


I have used the Tiddly Inks Hello Sunshine clear stamp set
Tiddly image coloured with Polychromos pencils and fussy cut - so glad her ankles aren't any thinner!
Clouds done by making Post-It Note masks with Joy Crafts cloud dies
Sky done with Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks and an ink duster brush
Beach simply water coloured in various shades of Distress Ink oranges and browns
Matting layers are from leftovers box
5x5 card base

This is my second post today - if you fancy a peek at my earlier Lucky Pants
then you can find that one right here

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx


16 comments:

Claire said...

I do the same hun, list the challenge, theme and date - although mine is on an A4 pad! Love your sunny card with such a sweet image. Glad you got to enter the challenge. Hugs, Claire x

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute beach scene... love the image and your background clouds.

Anonymous said...

A sunny card!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel and love this sweet image and fabulous colouring..great sandy beach and sky..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Hope the weather is sunny like your lovely card tomorrow after today's deluge - we live in hope. Such a fab scene you have created with such a darling image. I buy a page a day diary around Feb/March time when they are cheap as chips, and have it next to me when browsing so I can note the theme on the start date. xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x

Kim x said...

Hi Hun, this is lovely. I try and make a list, but like you I then end up finishing things off last minute, or missing the challenge altogether!!
hugs Kimx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.i love your fab beach background and wryn is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Squirrel I love the scene you have created.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

It doesn't look like you were all flustered making this gorgeous card, it brightens up this very dull, grey Sunday morning :o)
Jackie xx

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

What a fabulous card -

Caz

thecraftycavalier said...

This is my favourite ever Squirrel card! Absolutely stunning. Love the background - so clever. The image is beautifully coloured :) Stunning. Hugs, Jayne x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I really like this card. I think the soft background is lovely and it's a perfect scene for Wryn. Xx

So, let me get this right. You wanna live in my shed so you can garden at my house? Just so I know! Wouldn't wanna get the wrong supplies in... X

Annette said...

Ooooh she's fab. I love Wryn and ADORE your sky.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

But if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!! What a happy beach card!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love your distressed sky with the adorable Wryn, so very cute! Thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks and sharing your beautiful "In the Clouds" creation :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...